Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Nadine, I have a 12 year old female toy and a 5 year old miniature male. Both are beloved pets, my 5 year old male developed multiple small cyst like bumps on his body, the breeder reassured that they are fluid filled cysts and as I read more it sounds like these are common.
I've tried changing his food to a skin Ann coat formula.
They don't seem to bother him.
Does anyone have any suggestion on how to treat this condition?

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
While its probably not the same my friends boxer suddenly develop pus like bumps all over his skin. They tried everything and he just kept having the problem, it would get a little better, then not. Her vet put himont antibiotics, and they bathed him all to no avail. She finally went to a state school dermatologist and the did a skin cytology on him. What they found was post-grooming furunculosis. Apparently they had gone to the beach months before and when they bathed him they scrubbed him back & forth and this opened the skin follicles and bacteria entered . He was on a long course of antibiotics and is now completely cured. So I would probably take him to a dermatologist to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
22,964 Posts
I would also invest in a consult with a vet dermatologist!

·
Premium Member
9,616 Posts
What does your vet say? I have had dogs with lumps and bumps and always pointed them out to the vet. Some were removed, biospied, aspirated or we were told to watch them for changes. I am a fan of vet dermatologists for allergies and anything that has not resolved under the treatment of the current vet. Let us know what the diagnosis is, and welcome to PF!

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Hi Nadine, and welcome to you and your pups! My 11 year old Maltese has what sounds exactly like those bumps all over her body. Your thread has encouraged me to seek more specialized advice. Vets don't seem bothered by them, but they sure bother Zooey and me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts