Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met up with FrostFireStandards on Saturday to help groom her dogs and all 12 puppies. I also took some pictures of the pups for her website and she will post those as soon as she gets them i'm sure.

I wasn't set on it so I didn't mention anything previously but I did pick out a puppy. I've always wanted a white or creme spoo...this is the only one of my poodles with a docced tail...

I hope to eventually use him in grooming competitions..so praying for a nice coat! I'd like to start learning more..and I feel that grooming competitions would probably teach me a lot.

Well...meet Sawyer and enjoy the pics!

We are not 100% set on the name...we have a few ideas..

Sawyer, Sagan, Chinaski

So far he has an excellent temperment..very playful but also calm... was kind of noisy in his crate the first night but I slept on the couch closer to his crate and then he was quiet the rest of the night.

No accidents..only used his pee pad and when I took him outside i also took the pad with me and he used the restroom right away outdoors.

He gets along with my cat but doesnt understand their body landuage. My cat keeps trying to rub up on him and he's very confused and thinks that means "play" which of course the cat doesn't understand..so it's been interesting to watch.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
He is adorable!! I love the picture of him waiting for some kibble, sooooo cute! Congratulations on your new family member.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Woo-Hoo!!!! Congratulations!!! Well now, that may have been an unplanned pregnancy, but those puppies are delicious!! Seriously great looking kidlets! I am so happy for you and happy for Frostfire too. How wonderful!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
YES! Just what I want to get in the future! He is gorgeous! Congratulations!

Chinaski is a bit of a mouthful. I would go with one of the other two. I like them both.

Can't wait to watch this one grow up.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
OMGosh, I am falling over with LOVE! He is sooooo handsome! Congratulations to you, Aidan! I am so glad for you. Am going to enjoy growing up pics as you post them! Lots of pics, please. :) :)

Awww, Deb wants a nice white show female puppy. One of these days, down the road, she will get one. :)

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
He is adorable. The thought crossed my mind of meeting these pups, but I knew I would leave with one lol! Someday I will get a white spoo:) Congrats to you.

5 dogs, thats a busy house!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have to say I couldn't be more pleased with the way these guys turned out!

I like the name Sawyer! and I am so glad he is being a good boy for you guys .
This was my favorite puppy, and I have wanted to keep him since he was born, I am so glad he went to a good home and that Ill be able to follow his progress!!!
((((hugs))))

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Congratulations! :dancing:

He is just the sweetest little guy. What does Vega and Dodger think? I'm excited to hear you are wanting to do competitions with grooming. I think you will be great!

I want more puppy pictures!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I personally love the name Saywer, I think it is very cute. Beautiful baby. Each time I see a puppy, I think hmmm.. I want a white, a silver... I'm gonna have to blame my mom for this poodle syndrome.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
hes adorable Aiden! ((and Frostfire!! :D ))
my personal favourite is Sagan :]]
but I think any of those 3 names would be nice ^_^

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Some of those accidental pregnancies produce the best dogs in the world...you can never say it wasn't loved and wanted. All the big fuss about neutering and "why weren't you careful?" and everything ends up in a ball of fluff that everyone is in love with. I'm so glad you picked that one....It will be a nice competition dog. Thin or thick coat, judges are mostly looking at your skill, not so much the dog's coat....especially in the beginning. And as the dog matures, the coat matures as well. I hope I see you in the competition ring someday too. (one of my puppies that I just sold is also named Sawyer)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Vega and Dodger are getting along well with him so far. Dodger just wants to be a mom..she keeps her eye on him and generally tries to keep him in whatever place she wants him..sort of herds him around.

Vega just wants to play and doesn't understand that he can't play with the baby like he does with Dodger..so i've been limiting their time together.

He's such a good puppy..i've been really working on house training..every two hours pretty much i've been taking him out on a leash..i'm so glad I work in a grooming shop because I'll be able to take him to work with me and keep him on a schedule. I have this week off from work and i'd like him to have one or two more rounds of shots before going into the shop so i'll probably start that in a few weeks.

So far every time i've taken him out on a leash he has done SOMETHING instead of just standing there looking at me like i'm just being silly. So, I think he is getting the idea.

He uses the puppy pads indoors which is a lifesaver in case I don't get to him in time. He hasn't had any messes on the carpet yet.

I can't wait to see how he grows and matures..I do think he's going to be a beautiful boy. I'll be sure to post pics as I take them.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
How sweet that Dodger is adopting the little guy. Sounds like Vega is going to be a great playmate as well. Good for you on being so diligent with the schedule.

It will be a big help to have him at the shop with you. I would wait for his shots too. He's such a cute little guy. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts