Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally got our new standard poodle. She is 9.5 weeks old. She is small for her age as she was the runt but had a great vet check. She acts like she is starting constantly lol but I think she stays skinny because she is so active.
Potty training isn't going the greatest because we have a once a decade terrible snow and ice storm but we will get there. Anyways, here she is.....

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
I love brown pups!
My boy Galen was also the runt of his litter. I think being born the runt can start a downward cycle. They are smaller and weaker than their siblings, so they get pushed off the teat, which means they don't grow as quickly, which leaves them even less able to compete for dinner. Once I got Galen home awY from his sibs he was insatiable. He ate his full ration and then cleaned up anything my big dog had left in the bowl. He's now slightly bigger than the breeder had predicted.

·
Registered
Winnie 10/24/20 standard poodle
115 Posts
Welcome to your Winnie Lou from our Winnie!
She is so adorable and tiny. We started weighing and measuring every Saturday starting right away. It's amazing how fast they grow. Our girl is now 16 weeks and I can't believe she was ever that small. 😊

·
Premium Member
9,989 Posts
Welcome Miss Winnie Lou! Size doesn’t matter, temperament is the winning lottery ticket. She’s got that👏🏻

1 - 8 of 8 Posts