Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum but I've been lurking for a week or so. I adopted a miniature apricot poodle from a Purebred Rescue Organization about a month ago. I found her picture online and when I went to see her in person she stole my heart. I've grown up with poodles. My uncle had a black miniature (but LARGE miniature) poodle and I grew up with a miniature female poodle from the time I was 10 until a couple of months ago. Her name was Demi Pepper and she was the beloved family dog. She lived with us for 18 beautiful years. We weren't planning on getting a dog yet but we are SOOOO happy Peaches is now in our lives. She is 8-9 months old and her DOB is October 2009. The attached pictures is her relaxing in the living room.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yes, she is really cute. I love the look of apricot poodles. Of course, I haven't even got my black one yet, but the next one might be apricot!!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum but I've been lurking for a week or so. I adopted a miniature apricot poodle from a Purebred Rescue Organization about a month ago. I found her picture online and when I went to see her in person she stole my heart. I've grown up with poodles. My uncle had a black miniature (but LARGE miniature) poodle and I grew up with a miniature female poodle from the time I was 10 until a couple of months ago. Her name was Demi Pepper and she was the beloved family dog. She lived with us for 18 beautiful years. We weren't planning on getting a dog yet but we are SOOOO happy Peaches is now in our lives. She is 8-9 months old and her DOB is October 2009. The attached pictures is her relaxing in the living room.
That is so cool! I was eyeing her up on petfinder and the purebred website! She looks like a lovely dog; and I was quite tempted. Welcome! I can't wait to hear all about her!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is so cool! I was eyeing her up on petfinder and the purebred website! She looks like a lovely dog; and I was quite tempted. Welcome! I can't wait to hear all about her!
I did find her on the purebred rescue website! They had a lot of poodles. We met Peaches at the sisco walk for strays in Dayton. She was originally named Celine but there was a white toy poo named peaches and we thought it fit our little apricot girl perfectly. They also had a grey toy and a phantom named Danny. I wished I could adopt them all but one puppy is enough for now. All the other poodles have been adopted now which is fantastic!

Peaches knows her name now and is completely at home in the house. When we first brought her home she had never done steps and we have a split level. After a bit of work and treats she learned to navigate the stairs like she was born to. We are still working on housetraining and biting issues (playful but not appropriote. Last night was the first time we didn't put her in the crate at night. I awoke to curled up ball of apricot poodle next to me on my bed! She was such a good girl last night!

·
Registered
12,489 Posts
She is a honey - absolutely peaches and cream! A very lucky dog, too, by the sound of it - I have got used to sharing my bed with two dogs and one or more cats. Just as well it is a large one ... and that they are small dogs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts