Poodle Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just a caution...if you wait until all three of the puppy vaccines are complete, you'll bypass the window for the early critical socialization period. I recommend (via a few vets) to wait until 2 of the series are through and get your puppy out. (unless you know of any parvo out-breaks in your area...you can ask a vet) But be judicious in where you take her. For instance, not to the pet store or a dog park. But maybe around your neighborhood or places you know are other friendly adult dogs that have been vaccinated and visit people and different environments. Or invite someone over. This puppy will keep you busy. Have fun with her.:angel:

Oh yes, I am sorry for you loss. That is so tough. My heart goes out to you. It's the worst part of having pets, isn't it? It's really hard when it's so unexpected. It sounds like she didn't suffer though, for long at all. (((hugs)))

Thanks! I talked to my vet, who gives the go-ahead to take her to classes earlier - a few weeks after the second booster set. In the meantime - don't worry - she traveled beautifully with us from Canada, went to the vet today, where she was loved on by all the staff, goes back and forth between our house and our grown son's, and so is getting some socialization. She's also getting neighborhood walks, etc.

Warmly, --NIcola

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Hi Caroline,

Gracie is gorgeous! Sure, let's plan on a play date when Kiki is old enough to come out and about - we'll be waiting until she has finished her booster series. Our groomer is in Clifton Park.

Warmly, --Nicola
For sure, Gracie considers every dog she meets of any size or age her new BFF!
Enjoy puppyhood!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
She's beautiful!!!

Thank you! She's growing quickly - and already weighs a couple pounds more.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Wow! What an awesome looking puppy! Really nice conformation to my untrained eyes! She is beautiful!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Wow! What an awesome looking puppy! Really nice conformation to my untrained eyes! She is beautiful!

Thanks! There were three in the litter. The breeder is keeping her sister for show and confirmation (having her fostered in a loving home). The brother is also show quality. Kiki also has beautiful confirmation, but will probably just be oversized. She was the firstborn (and huge), and already weighs about 8 lbs at 11 weeks. She'll be a big girl, like her Daddy - more on the moyen size than miniature.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts