Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We pick her up in 2 weeks! We had our choice between boy and girl but boy was shy and a little reserved so it was the little girl all the way - so spunky and sassy - perfect for my 6.5 year old and a neighborhood full of kids!

Currently nameless, I need a good one reflective of her bubbly personality. I love her!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Oh, congratulations!! She is beautiful and has just the right temperament for your family :) Your son is adorable too--what a great pic!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, congratulations!! She is beautiful and has just the right temperament for your family
Your son is adorable too--what a great pic!
Thank you on both accounts!! I know my husband liked the shy boy as he was endearing but I made the choice pretty fast - this little girl was 1 girl out of a 4 boy litter...she knows how to stand up for herself! So sweet - in the pic with my son he boy is on the left looking at him
And the girl is being mischievous;) love it.

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Such a joyful photo of your son with the puppies - how about the name Joy? She's adorable.

·
Premium Member
22,982 Posts
Congratulations. It looks like you had a super fun pick day. I'm with Skylar on the name of Joy!

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Joyeuse is a very traditional name for a dog. She is a darling!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Joyeaux Joyeuse {adj. f} (fjm beat me to this one :) )

EN merry
· happy
· joyful
· blithe
· upbeat
· gay
· cheerful
· cheery
· light-hearted

Merry

Allegra
Italian ‘happy or jaunty’

KIkI

French origin meaning "double happiness".

Gigi

Names often seem hard, and then it's as if you always knew it :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joyeaux Joyeuse {adj. f} (fjm beat me to this one
)

EN merry
· happy
· joyful
· blithe
· upbeat
· gay
· cheerful
· cheery
· light-hearted

Merry

Allegra

KIkI

Gigi

Names often seem hard, and then it's as if you always knew it
I love Allergra! Lovely!

Currently our shortlist is Sophie, Gracie, Phoebe (meaning light and energetic), Piper

My son this morning said one that was on my list too “What about Pixie?” Which would be a fitting name Indeed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congratulations..adorable and I know the excitement...now the wait...
I’m fortunate that we have SO much to do here to get ready for her and work is I same and my Father In Law is visiting so I won’t be just waiting around! It’s time to SHOP though lol!

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Joyeaux Joyeuse {adj. f} (fjm beat me to this one :) )

EN merry
· happy
· joyful
· blithe
· upbeat
· gay
· cheerful
· cheery
· light-hearted

Merry

Allegra

KIkI

Gigi

Names often seem hard, and then it's as if you always knew it :)
Joyau means «*jewel*» or «*precious*» and is actually a masculine noun.

Cute pup and lots of great name ideas ! I think I like «*Bubbles*» the best.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I like Pixie or Moxie, but I'm partial to unusual letters in spunky girl names.

In any case, she's adorable! So exciting!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GUYS she comes home Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am beside myself!

Two questions, she got her distemper and 1st parvo at 8 weeks, my vet said I don't have to bring her in until 12 weeks unless I have concerns. I see a lot of people say to bring them in within 24 hours of getting them - is that in case there is an 'issue' with the puppy the breeder didn't tell you about?

I'm going to be working from home for a few weeks to be able to take her out and socialize easier, and also taking a few days off so we all settle in a bit. I have 2 dogs across the street to introduce her too and my friends gentle Berner. I was going to look into a puppy class that has rolling admission - is 11 weeks a good age for that?

I am so so excited!

·
Premium Member
22,982 Posts
Congrats on gotcha day being close at hand. She won't need any immunizations, but I would still bring her to the vet for a well check and to have your own vets's opinion on her general health. I had the same situation with Javelin in not needing any shots, but still wanting to get my vet to check him over. I also had him microchipped at that visit.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts