Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. :) I have been lurking here for a while and finally decided I might as well join and introduce myself lol.

I'm 23, live in El Campo, TX, and I am a dog groomer. I have two poodles - a 1 1/2 year old silver phantom toy, Bambi, and an 8 month old cafe au lait standard, Taylor.

Here are a couple pictures of my Taylor baby, I also put several more pictures in an album on my profile if anyone is interested. :) I don't have any good pictures of Bambi on this computer but will post some soon!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Valerie

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome Valeriea! Taylor is perfect! What a handsome, happy-looking sweet boy. An 8 month-old standard is quite big already. I really like the length of his ears-I always ask the groomer to trim off some length. We always have room for another member and your status as a groomer makes you especially popular. I live in Arlington, TX-am not sure where El Campo is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! :) She is my baby. She just turned 8 months old on the 3rd and she weighs 46lbs. I'm thinking she'll maybe be 55-60lbs? That's about the weight I was told her parents were. I have actually trimmed her ears several times already (along with her topknot & body) trying to get all the puppy fuzz off LOL.. it grows fast! El Campo is about halfway inbetween Houston and Victoria down HWY 59, if that gives you any idea. I'm not surprised you've never heard of it, not too many people have!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Taylor is gorgeous! Love her color and sweet face. I live in Greenville, which is about 45 miles northeast of Dallas.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Thank you! :) She is my baby. She just turned 8 months old on the 3rd and she weighs 46lbs. I'm thinking she'll maybe be 55-60lbs? That's about the weight I was told her parents were. I have actually trimmed her ears several times already (along with her topknot & body) trying to get all the puppy fuzz off LOL.. it grows fast! El Campo is about halfway inbetween Houston and Victoria down HWY 59, if that gives you any idea. I'm not surprised you've never heard of it, not too many people have!
That is exactly the weight Gunther was at 8 months.
Now,at 3 months shy of 2 years he is 60 lbs and 27 inches tall.
Taylor is a real beauty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you spoofan. :) Gunther is a neat name for a dog! How did you come up with that? is that him in your avatar? I'll have to see what Taylor's height is. She has always been what I would consider to be a big standard, but that may be because the standards my sister owned and standards I have groomed were on the small side.. 30-40lbs. Of course she has already surpased that.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi and :welcome:!!! Taylor is a beauty!! She is a big girl. I have a small standard. Chloe only weighs 37lbs. She is a year and six months old. Both her parents weigh 65lbs.

We live in Richmond TX not far from El Campo at all. Hubby loves to get BBQ from a couple of places down that way. He also had his motorcycle worked on down there.

Welcome to the forum!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts