Poodle Forum banner

Introducing my Birds! (Forgot to mention them. Sorry)

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jojogal001 
#1 ·
I have had my boy finch since he was 4 weeks old born Oct 1st 2021. He is on his 3rd cage mate and he seems happier now than with the others.
Originally it was LeM n TOO. Loud Mouth n The Other One. I was able to keep up with them through pics and videos from day one. They were brothers, and LeM was always the adventurous, outgoing and active one. TOO was shy, not nearly as energetic, and never sang. I woke up one morning when they were 5 months old and he had slipped away. He was not ill, but I think something maybe was wrong, such as genetically.

LeM was so lonely and moped around the cage, after a week or two I decided to go out and get him a friend. This time I decided to get him a little girl because he has begun arguing and fighting with his brother, and I just thought he would do better with a girl. So then I had LeM n Aida. Say it fast! She and LeM were very happy together but where LeM is a zebra finch, Aida is a society finch. It was difficult for them to “converse” amd was not the easiest relationship. With CheyLee, she was at their cage at just the wrong time last week, and with a lightning move got Aida by the leg ,’then was able to get her teeth just inside the bars and get Aida in her mouth. For two days I nursed her, got antibiotics, got Morning Bird Thrive: a formula for sick and injured birds, and also for birds in shock. She did well up until late at night, then simply laid down on the bottom and never awoke. She’s been eating and drinking like a champ. May she RIP.

Bird Beak Hat Wood Pet supply

LeM is in front and he is mysuper gorgeous little boy. Aida is on the nest.

After her I get to my present girl. I called some breeders and found one who promised she had what I was looking for name is well, together their name is LleM n Hunni T. He had been calling out for her for two days straight, and I imagine for any zebra finch to come to him. He was quite depressed. I selected the girl I wanted and prayed she would be well received. From the second I came in the house, they began talking to each other. After a while I released her into his cage, and it was instantaneous. They acted as if they’d been together their whole lives, and he sings songs to her and is building a grand nest for her, and she’s living it and has joined right in. She also is his match energy-wise, an exploration, and in a zeal for life. She looks completely different from him, but if she chooses a zebra finch.

Vertebrate Mammal Mesh Pet supply Animal shelter

This was them on day two… they didn’t waste a moment of time
L
I’ll Update if or when there might be baby pics of show

Cloud Sky Wood Architecture Sunlight

This is their cage. It is a flight/breeding cage. There is supposed to be a divider in the middle, but I chose to give them the entire cage. If any babies I have another about as big. This cage is 18x18x38.
Thank you so much for reading about my birds.

I forgot… their name is LeM n Hunny T.

See less See more
#2 ·
I love finches, I have had society finches and spice finches they are sweet lovely little birds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.