Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my breeder called and said now that the babies are older, she thought another of the pups might be a better fit for me. Would I like to come back and look at the litter again? Would I? :giggle:

Turns out she and I agreed. Girl on the left was her original pic, but girl on the right is now officially my Maisie.:love: They are 5 weeks and 5 days old, so still a little while till she comes home.

·
Registered
Winnie 10/24/20 standard poodle
89 Posts
It's wonderful that you're working with someone that is so aware of their personalities. It's great that you were open to switching pups so you really get the very best fit for you. Congrats! I can't wait to watch her grow up!!❤

·
Premium Member
4,462 Posts
Ah such sweet puppies. Won't be too long before you bring home your pup. Lots of excitement soon.

·
Registered
509 Posts
oh what cuties , I love the white markings on the chin <3 <3

Reactions: Pearl Grey

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congratulations! What are you doing to get ready over these last few weeks?
I have my crate/ex-pen combination for my office and at home.
Ordered a large doggie litterbox since I won't be able to take her out to walk downtown until she's had all her shots. Getting ready to order a grooming table and tools.
Oh, and we're already on the waiting list for my local obedience club's classes. She won't be old enough to be around other dogs till May, but they have a long waiting list!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eeee! Seriously cannot handle puppies these days. I’m so excited for you.

What was it about Maisie that made the breeder recommend her for you?
Thanks.
I live on a farm with chickens and horses, so I'd asked my breeder to choose the pup with the lowest prey drive. She felt like this one fit that requirement better.
And when I met them again, Maisie definitely seemed more engaged with me. Her sister wanted to explore and do more casting about.

·
Premium Member
9,950 Posts
Congratulations! What a lovely girl. Can’t wait to hear how she settles in. P.S. we celebrate “Gotcha Day”. It’s special.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations! What a lovely girl. Can’t wait to hear how she settles in. P.S. we celebrate “Gotcha Day”. It’s special.
I guess Maisie's Gotcha Day will be sometime around March 7. Her birthday is January 10. She'll be the only one of my dogs whose birthday I actually know! The other two just showed up as strays at my farm.
Ordered my grooming table and a self-cleaning slicker brush and a crate pad and toothbrush/paste today! Getting really excited.:giggle:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts