Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got my new girl last Thursday but have been too busy to get a chance to put pics on... BUT, doesn't mean I haven't been taking pics..lol.

Ivy is related to Deb's Taffy, Leatherstocking breeding. She is an extremely smart girl!! She has not had any toilet accidents in the house nor at night in her crate. She is soooo good, when I let her out of the crate in the morning and let her outside, she runs right down the porch stairs and does her wet. She already sits and waits (not patiently yet..lol) for her food dish to be put down and told to eat, then in 20 minutes she goes out and does her poop. She follows me like a shadow and sits either on my feet or between my legs. She LOVES belly rubs and is already eager to please me. Oh, she turned 8 weeks old on Monday. I can't say enough about this girl's personality and intelligence.

Hopefully, in 4 months we will be entering AKC breed shows.. CAN'T WAIT...lol.

OK... now time for the pics. These pics were taken of her at 4 weeks old when I first went to see her and see if she was the one to come home with me. She had never been stacked (obviously) and was super great about letting me do this just with gentle encouragement.. what a sweetheart! She had never been down in the kitchen on tile flooring before and at first when we set her down she just stood with legs splayed frozen, but it only took her a minute to realize that it was fine and, as you can see in the pic with my hand touching her, she was wagging her tail at me! Already showing her outgoing, confident personality.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ok, now jump forward 4 weeks.

The first is Ivy on my shoulder as we finish the purchasing. Then a pic of her in the car being greeted by the other poos just before we left for our 2 1/2 hour trip home.

Then the pics we took after her grooming the night we got her home. I asked them not to clip her as Deb and I wanted to do it ourselves to watch her "unveiling" for ourselves. She was unbelievable about the clipping. She allowed us to clip her entire face without fighting us at all and only tried to pull her feet away half heartedly when doing her tootsies. She is not afraid of anything and is willing to try anything I do with her. What a sweet girl!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, now we go forward for her first few days at her new home. And, yeah, she is thoroughly enjoying herself. :) And we are enjoying her!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
She's beautiful! I was getting anxious. Hearing about this cute little girl and not seeing any pictures. I'm glad you got a chance to post them. It's pretty amazing she did so well for her first grooming, especially on her first night in a new place.

It sounds like she is very comfy and the other spoos are taking good care of their little sister.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
She is a very pretty little girl! All the pics are great but I like the movement pic you posted last and the poodles leaving shot...my favs.

Congrats on your new girl!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Simply stunning! Definitely take her some ring be it AKC, UKC and or IABCA. It's easy to get them registered in the last two with your AKC paperwork.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Congrats ! I also love the movement shots :D

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for your nice remarks. Yes, I love the movement shot also! I think she is going to be one good looker/mover for the AKC ring... will know in November when she is ready to go in her first show. :) Right now we are just enjoying her sweet, loving personality.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts