Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We brought Blueberry home on Monday. He is registered as a blue mini so it will be interesting to see how his color changes. As some of you know, we lost out Noodle in a tragic accident in the elevator just before his first birthday. I wasn't sure if my son was ready for a new pup. He was very quiet about it before we brought him home. Initially he didn't want to take Blueberry in the elevator by himself but seems to be over that now. I am a little concerned about my daughter who gets hives when Bb licks her. It doesn't happen when she takes Zyrtec so I am going to talk to her doc about keeping her on it more regularly.

Bb is a lot of fun. He is much more of baby personality was than Noodle was at this age. It makes training a challenge but he is so cute we don't mind. He is learning to settle in his ex pen and crate... learning. Had some interesting moments as I worked virtually this week. "Is someone on this call crying or is that my pup?" We are going to figure out what working with a trainer during a pandemic looks like this week.

Vet gave him a gold star health wise and wrote our breeder's name down (Eriand) to pass on to other families. I will post pictures in a separate post because the cloud is being weird.

PS He is Blueberry because my husband likes to drive the kids crazy by telling them all he wants for his birthday, Christmas etc is "a blue puppy" and because my son used to think "blueblerry pizza" was the funniest phrase (from The Book with No Pictures) when he was little. He is a big 10 year old now and would not allow us to go with "Blueblerry" so we went with the traditional...

·
Registered
12,602 Posts
What a darling! Hope he brings comfort and happiness to all your family.

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
Blueberry is gorgeous. I love the name, how wonderful to have a fun story behind the name Blueberry.

Reactions: Getting ready

·
Premium Member
23,386 Posts
He is absolutely spectacular! I wish you all many many happy years together.

Reactions: Getting ready

·
Registered
543 Posts
What joy and conflicting emotions your family must have had over the past week.
I’d have a really tough time taking the new pup in the elevator alone for the next year if I’d been in your son’s situation. I hope Blueberry brings him happiness and eventually instills strength.

Thank you for sharing Blueberry with us. He’s adorable and a very special boy. I’m looking forward to reading more updates and seeing more pictures!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts