Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

My 15-month-old standard will vomit intermittently...sometimes it is just bile (although it doesn't seem like hunger pukes because it will come at random times where she shouldn't be hungry) sometimes it will be right after eating (like all of her food) and sometimes just a little bit of food and bile out of the blue. It typically happens in cycles...like she'll do it a couple of days in a row then be fine for a month or so, then it will happen again. I feed her out of a treat ball so it is slow, she doesn't exercise before or after eating, and she doesn't gulp water. She's on a good quality food. I've tried giving digestive enzymes for the past little while but it just happened again. My vet didn't have great advice...does anyone have experience with vomiting like this? I feel like I've tried everything and would love more ideas to help her!!

·
Super Moderator
7,870 Posts
Have you tried keeping detailed notes of her food, exercise, and toilet schedule? Memories can have gaps and can even be flat-out wrong. Notes might help you to see a pattern emerge.

It took me a long time to see the connection between Peggy’s oozing eyes and grooming appointments, and it was when I looked back through my notes that the lightbulb finally turned on. Same with her anal glands. My husband will swear they just leaked last week, but then I look back through my notes and see that it’s consistently been three weeks between episodes.

One thing to keep in mind is that dogs do vomit very easily. Hopefully it’s just a minor trigger, but those can be the hardest to pinpoint.

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
Beckie does that because of food intolerances/allergies. I would try changing his food for something completely different, a novel protein. Write a journal of symptoms, it will help if you have to investigate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts