Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very interesting article by Linda Case on recent research into the difference in protein quality when pet grade chicken is prepared in different ways: https://thesciencedog.com/2019/01/15/tastes-like-chicken/

Lightly cooked proved best, closely followed by raw and processed for canning, with rendered chicken meal so far behind that the samples used lacked some essential amino acids altogether.

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Interesting article, thanks.

Reactions: fjm

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
An interesting article! A few years ago I stopped buying ANY kibble that had chicken in it's recipe because I read somewhere that the chicken in kibble could be the cause of Molly's itchiness, but feeding raw or cooked wouldn't do that......I can not believe how many kibbles have chicken in them even though they list another protein as the main ingredient! I would guess now that the itchiness could be caused by the lack of those amino acids!
I still just find it weird that she can eat raw chicken with no incidence, but if she eats a kibble with chicken or chicken meal as it's 1st ingredient, it makes her itchy!
I still feed her a half kibble, half raw diet, (raw chicken included) but I make sure there is no chicken anything in her kibble!

Reactions: fjm
1 - 4 of 4 Posts