Poodle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
The kit you linked is a glucose monitoring one- for checking glucose levels to see how the insulin is working.
Many clients at the clinic where I work just get the monitors from human pharmacies. Do look into that option, you do not need a prescription and there are often deals with the sample strips.
We have even used the Libra on a few pets (this is a patch that is applied and stays on for up to two weeks, it links with your cellphone). A great option to be able to do curves if you are not very comfortable poking him yourself (obviously tends to be more expensive than a regular glucometer, but less than having it done at the vet).

·
Registered
807 Posts
I am assuming the actual insulin injections are something you are/will be doing at home, as is usual.
Your vet should dispense the insulin and needles to you, but there are several online pharmacies as well. Pets Drug Mart and The Pet Pharmacy are two I've seen used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.