Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting more and more interested in silver poodles the more I've seen. While I love the blacks, I have to say there can be something very striking about the silvers!

So I was wondering what the deal is with them. Are they a "historical" colour like the blacks and whites? Or kind of a "newer" colour like the apricots? What other colours do they tend to be linked with? Any specific health or behavioural issues I should be aware of? Obviously I'm most interested in the minis, but I am just generally interested in this colour so if you want to tell me about the standards, please feel free!

On a side note, I think he's been posted to the forum before, but look at this guy! Wow, I might try to find out who he's going to be bred to, he's quite the dog. :) http://geocities.com/jibandsuzicope/

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
It's funny you mention it, the silvers have REALLY grown on me too. I can't answer any of your questions :p, but sine you're in Ontario, maybe contact Bibelot (silver standard breeder) and see if they can recommend silver mini breeders.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I've been getting more and more interested in silver poodles the more I've seen. While I love the blacks, I have to say there can be something very striking about the silvers!

So I was wondering what the deal is with them. Are they a "historical" colour like the blacks and whites? Or kind of a "newer" colour like the apricots? What other colours do they tend to be linked with? Any specific health or behavioural issues I should be aware of? Obviously I'm most interested in the minis, but I am just generally interested in this colour so if you want to tell me about the standards, please feel free!

On a side note, I think he's been posted to the forum before, but look at this guy! Wow, I might try to find out who he's going to be bred to, he's quite the dog. :) http://geocities.com/jibandsuzicope/
OMG that is the coolest wee mini poo I have ever seen, he is so beautiful too.
Did you see him pull the 190lbs? So cute

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I can understand. All poodles are amazing looking. I love white too but there is something that makes me sit and stare at Suri. And I look at pics on the net like you found and wow. Wish I knew how they did the hair, I love that. If I were to ever (which I wont for many many years) want another - it would be a Silver mini.

·
Registered
448 Posts
OMG that is the coolest wee mini poo I have ever seen, he is so beautiful too.

Jib is not so 'wee'. <g>
He is just barely under 15" and yes a fabulous and amazing boy!
His owner, Suzi, is very very nice... you should contact her and see if Jib has any puppies coming up. If not, I know he has lots of grandkids out there already so perhaps a puppy out of his daughter or son could be in the picture.

Karen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts