Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello so I got a black toy poodle, she 4 month old and I need some help. She eats her own poop! I catch her doing it and I stop her, I also order soo kind of square bite poop eating things off amazon and I don’t think it’s working. Second what kind of brush do I use on a toy poodle? Thank you!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Many puppies eat poop, most of them grow out of it by themselves. Just clean up her poops ASAP so she doesn't have the opportunity to eat them. It's better to clean them up right away than to leave them and to correct her when she tries to eat them. I have no idea what a "square bite poop eating thing" is!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many puppies eat poop, most of them grow out of it by themselves. Just clean up her poops ASAP so she doesn't have the opportunity to eat them. It's better to clean them up right away than to leave them and to correct her when she tries to eat them. I have no idea what a "square bite poop eating thing" is!
Oh it called no eating poop for puppies. Thank you! Yes I’ve been cleaning it up ASAP! Thank you

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Unfortunately it’s a very common behavior. Watch her so she does it as little as possible, in the hopes that she will outgrow it. Some dogs never do.

One of my dogs will eat poop when what she eats is not as fully digested as possible. Some foods have not so good ingredients that aren’t digestible, or just a strong smell that makes poop interesting to eat. If that’s the case, then changing foods will stop the behavior. My dog wouldn’t eat poop when she was eating raw, and she won’t eat poop with her present food (from the vet, for allergic dogs).

Sometimes it’s not the food itself, but treats that are the problem. Good luck !

·
Registered
580 Posts
As far as brushes go, typically you want to use a slicker brush followed by a greyhound comb.
I really like this artero:

And this Safari slicker is a pretty good budget choice:

Happy grooming!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts