Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi poodle forum users!

I live in Australia and bought my first poodle, a silver miniature, from our local RSPCA shelter about 1 year ago. 3 children and myself wanted a dog and my husband said he was happy with anything that didn't leavedreaded do hair on the carpet ! So poodle it was ! Best thing we ever did and I am currently going through the adoption process with another RSCPCA minature poodle found as a stray. I've learnt quite a lot on the way and will need all my wits with this new little cream girl who is very sweet and affectionate but has had no training. She'll be joining us next week after her health has been cleared and desexing!
Great to be here!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Very inspiring. What a great beginning and it's keeps getting better. I hope we get to see some pictures and get to know your little ones.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Welcome! And yay for rescue poodles! I'd love to rescue but after months of scouring resuce sites and shelters haven't found the right dog for me. So I'll most likely be going to a breeder for this one, then when I have slightly looser criteria for the second will hopefully go the rescue route!

Please post pics!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the welcome. Great to have somewhere where I can get my poodle energy out. My husband loves Harry but he thinks I'm a bit of a nutter, ie obsessed ! I have uploaded some shots of Harry in the photo forum. I'll upload some more when the new girl arrives.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

What a wonderful thing you are doing adopting homeless dogs! Can't wait to see pics of the new girl. I'm sure all will go well....people here are very supportive and you can find answers to just about anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts