Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an in-home Standard Poodle breeder. I was led to this site because someone visited my website from this site. I was curious how they found my website from here as I had not heard of this forum or advertised on it. I'm looking forward to reading the posts and finding out what is going on with everyone. I am also an independent field rep for Life's Abundance premium pet food. It is a holistic, human-quality food that is delivered right to your door via UPS. All my dogs of love it and I have a dam who had not successfully carried a litter since 2007. After being on Life's Abundance food, she delivered a litter in February. It's also nice to receive the commission check each month which helps pay for my dog's food.

I send all reading this post, wishes for a laughter-filled day!

Best regards, Lois

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Sonne Poodles... Now I remember someone asking about your kennel. I noticed that your stud dog Sampson has hip dysplasia. Why do you continue to breed him?

BTW... Dutchess is not Cafe. I think she is an Apricot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cbrand, where did you learn to be such a condescending elitist. I think your attitude is far worse than breeding a dog with MILD hip dysplasia.

Isn't this the member introduction section instead of member judgement?

Way to represent the message board.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Sorry, I did just change it to try to sound nicer. However, breeding a dog with HD is a serious problem.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Welcome Sonne. I am pretty new also and I got the battery of questions fired at me like napalm. There are lots of really nice poodle people and not all are attack poodles. Be who you are...we can be different. You have every right to speak your mind and I'm sure you'll bring a lot to the table.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Hip Dysplasia is hip dysplasia...
Just because it is mild, does not justify breeding it..
And the fact that you knew about it!
I think that is cruel

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Why would somebody breed a sick dog on purpose :smow::rolffleyes:... I do not understand ... One does not have to be "elitist" to follow some very basic ethical breeding rules : (((

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Shame on you Cbrand for expecting people to care about the health of the breed! (sarcasm)

I'm sure the people who bought puppies by that sire and may have to deal w/ crippled dogs, would appreciate your "elitist" attitude.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I firmly agree with puppylove...by not breeding any dog with abnormalities that can be passed on you are surving the greater good...and being a responsable breeder.... your light will shine and everyone will have nothing but good things to say about your breeding practices...

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
She already knows enough to test, she doesn't care about the results or the pain that the puppies and their owners will suffer. I just can't imagine someone breeding a dog they know has HD. It's bad enough when people don't test.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
She already knows enough to test, she doesn't care about the results or the pain that the puppies and their owners will suffer. I just can't imagine someone breeding a dog they know has HD. It's bad enough when people don't test.
IA! At least if someone doesn't test they can "claim" ignorance, but when armed with the knowledge that comes with testing and you still choose to perpetuate this painful, debilitating disease there really is zero excuse. Breaks my heart... :sad:

·
Registered
75 Posts
We all know that it is devastating to the breed and very very hard to totally eradicate from future poodles as long as dogs with HD are still being bred...it's just that breeders have to CARE about the breed...like Labs, or Shepherds, or...Poodles...yaknow.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
IA! At least if someone doesn't test they can "claim" ignorance, but when armed with the knowledge that comes with testing and you still choose to perpetuate this painful, debilitating disease there really is zero excuse. Breaks my heart... :sad:
Mine too :(

·
Registered
708 Posts
Surely you didn't know what the hip score meant, right? Did the vet not explain? I can't see someone knowingly doing this and posting the results for all to see. ???

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I try not to get very involved in these types of discussions as I am NOT a breeder and I don't know everything involved with being a responsible one... However, I have learned a lot while being a member here on this forum and I just have to mention another anomoly that I discovered while perusing this breeder's website... It says she'll be using a stud dog from Seminole standard poodles (Seminole has also been the subject of a few threads here...) I went to the Seminole site (as a normal, inquisitive person might when seeing the connection right there on the Sonne site) and see that they were downsizing their breeding stock to 2 females and one male. They had a picture and description of a bitch named Kissy who they were "re-homing" Here is what the description said:

Kissy (pictured above) is a dark brown female, will be 2 yrs in February, is also available for SALE. She is a sweet calm girl, has lived in the house, and will be bred to Razzle last week of January. She has had one litter of 12 puppies, raised 11 of them. For more info/pedigrees on Citi-Boy and/or Kissy contact me at:

So, just wondering if this says what I think it says... Kissy is just turning 2 years old in February but has already had one litter of 12 puppies (and only raised 11) and she's being bred again (on purpose) before she turns two????

Here's another quote from the same website:

WE ARE EXPECTING A RED LITTER LAST OF MARCH, PARENTS ARE RAZZLE AND LUCI-BELL. GET ON LIST NOW FOR YOUR BABY FROM THIS LITTER. THEY WILL 'FLY OUT OF HERE' Both parents are scheduled for testing this month.

So... the babies are ready to be born in a few weeks, but the parents are only just NOW scheduled for testing... doesn't the testing usually come BEFORE the breeding???

I know that these instances are not on Sonne's website, but she is knowingly affiliating herself with this breeder by using their stud dog... I wouldn't touch either one with a thirty-nine and 1/2 foot pole!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts