Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never had a dog with good weaves from the start..Riley never had good weaves...Robbie and Cedar are getting good weaves that I hope will hold over to when we start trialing this year ....

However tonight...

FLYER DID 6 STRAIGHT WEAVES MULTILPE TIMES

I really love the 2 x 2 method...he was doing the 6 weaves from all directions even did a 180 over a jump to the weave poles...we were doing the happy dance tonight..*G*

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
lol fluffy, it's a method of teaching weave poles basically. there's lots of methods, some do it with wires guiding the dog through, others do a channel so the dog runs down the middle of them without 'weaving' and then bringing them closer together slowly, or there's doing three poles at once and then adding to them, etc etc!
2x2, as the name suggest, works on ONE pair of weave poles at once, teaching them the correct way to run through them before adding another pair, but it's very well covered by the lady who developed the method and really seems to work well in teaching them HOW to weave. :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep I love it as a method to teach weaves..I've been doing agility for about 10 years and have tried most methods of weaving...and it is the first one I've seen where the dog really understands it's job..basically it teaches the dog that weaves are a series of entries..I've used it to retrain the Cavs who really didn't understand weaving well

·
Registered
216 Posts
Any site that would show the method in more detail? My dog's weaves are iffy to say the least and are letting us down on timed competitions.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Oooohhhh!!! I wanna try this. I would like to train my new pup that way. I haven't had very much success with the other 2 ways I've tried. The wires seemed to work best for one dog and the weave-amatics for the other. But neither were really reliable.:fingers-crossed:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Susan Garrett is awesome - My older dogs were trained to weave before her 2x2 method, but Vinnie (now that he is old enough) is going to start weave training this spring and we'll use SG's 2x2. I have all of her DVDs and books and have been to one seminar MANY years ago. :biggrin:

I remember teaching my first dog to weave 15 years ago! Boy how times have changed!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts