Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!
Im new and thinking aout a standard poodle for my next dog! i alrady have a shih-tzu Xmaltese, and im worried about tthe amount of grooming it would take. my dog would be kept short, with long ears and a fluffy topknot.
i want to do agility and obedience with it, and I would train it to do lots of tricks.
How much grooming does it take??

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Welcome, Boxerini! Congratulations on your (almost) decision to add a spoo to your family! I can't think of a better breed! :) Obviously your shih-tzu x maltese is a small dog, but also one who needs regular grooming, so you're probably used to that already... Poodles DO require regular grooming, but I've found that if I do a little bit frequently, it never gets bad and I have all these opportunities to bond with my pup!

It's hard to answer a question like, "How much grooming does it take?" because it is SOOO subjective - some people like fancy clips that need more maintenance and some are happy with the short clip that only needs freshening up from time to time. All poodles require regular combing to keep them mat-free, but the shorter the coat; the less chance of matting...

If you hang around the forum for a while and read up on topics that interest you, you'll learn lots!!! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts