Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is 12 weeks and is Ch. Aery's Arrogance x Ch. Aery's My Immortal. I am super excited! I hope try try a little obedience and agility with him if he likes it. I believe he is black but could turn out blue. My mini girl will just love him!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I will post pics as soon as I can. This is kind of sudden so I am scrambling to get ready.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Yes, congrats! I think at one point 2 future Aery puppy owners were on this board. If you look out Nickel, he's the one littermate. I think your puppy shares a bday with mine if I recall correctly. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nickel is wonderful. I am glad to have his littermate. I am getting the puppy from the other woman that was on here for a while. She couldnt keep him. His bday is 2/26 I believe

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Nickel is wonderful. I am glad to have his littermate. I am getting the puppy from the other woman that was on here for a while. She couldnt keep him. His bday is 2/26 I believe
Huh, what a small world! Yep, that's the same bday. All I can say is PUPPY PROOF! If your new little guy is anything like Darcy right now, he will be into anything and everything. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tomarrow is the big day! Does anyone have any toy recommendation? I have the crate and crate pad all set up and dishes but my other mini isn't into toys so we don't have much. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Tomarrow is the big day! Does anyone have any toy recommendation? I have the crate and crate pad all set up and dishes but my other mini isn't into toys so we don't have much. Thanks!
Here is what my miniature pup liked best:

Nylabones (definitely)
puppy-sized Kong
squeaky plush toys
balls to fetch (Kong makes these cute mini versions of tennis balls)

You must be so excited! Can't wait to see some pictures...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much for the toy ideas. I am going to the store right now to pick some stuff up. I will hopefully have some pictures up this weekend.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I second Paddle's suggestion. Darcy is also crazy for bully sticks. He's always chewing (or biting if not chewing), so whatever you can get to keep those little teeth busy is a good idea!

Also, Darcy likes bigger stuffed toys, not only the smaller ones that seem sized for a pup his size. The flat, no stuff soft toys are also a favourite.

I'm so excited for you! Tomorrow you will have your new puppy, it's so fun!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Welcome to the board. I know you must be excited. I still remember how anxious I was and how I did the countdown before I picked up Nickel.

Re: Toys - Nickel LOVES to sleep with his SnugglePuppy, the one that gives a real heartbeat. He loves some small sized squeaky toys and the Kong tennis ball too. Bully sticks are reserved for his crate and playpen and he is crazy about them. Oh, and he's willing to do anything for the Zuke's mini treats (salmon flavor is his favorite).

And yes, hide those socks! Nickel is now in the stage that he chews on any socks/slippers that he finds on the floor.

Oh, he just rang the bell for the first time to ask me to let him out to the balcony this morning - which I see as a big step towards the success of housetraining. I hope you find this encouraging ;)

Pictures. Pictures. Pictures. Looking forward to seeing your little guy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, I think I bought too much! lol He will have lots of toys and people to keep him busy. Now if I could just train the kids to put their socks away we will be set.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Congratulations!! I know how excited you must be having gotten a black Spoo baby just over two weeks ago. Looking forward to photos. Hope you have many happy, healthy years together!!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
LOL~ I'm training my husband to take care of his own socks. This is how I do it: I threatened to put his favorite leather jacket next to any socks he leaves on the floor. IT WORKS!! He has been pretty good putting away his socks ;)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
When my son's dog was a puppy, he absolutely loved those squeaky balls!! Mind you it got a bit annoying listening to it while you were watching TV!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can't figure out how to post the pics. I will get them on in a bit. I love him! He is sooo full of energy and loves the kids. Gracie (my other mini) is still warming up.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts