Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To keep things on topics and fair - it might be good to hear the other side.

Some specific stories of how things went wrong during and after the sale of the puppy. Also how often do breeders change their contracts based off of bad experiences.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Yep. Sold a show puppy on payment plan. It all fell apart very quickly. I threatened to call the police and got my puppy back (fully refunded buyer).

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I am curious too. I have not sold a puppy to anyone who has not honoured our agreement, nor have I been burned in any way, shape or form. I have however spoken to people on the phone who have tied up a terrific amount of my time, and present themselves as being one way, then they come to see the pups, and my fiance and I just look at each other, with THAT look, and when they call back to say they are interested, Bruce will fib a bit a tell them the pups are all spoken for. Everyone has been spayed or neutered that was supposed to be, and I still have a good rapport with every one of them. I even house/dog sit for one of them. So, I am curious too...

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I sold 2 cats to a person who I had a contract with and it fell through.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I'm curious about this as well. I've made a good effort to keep in touch with Vega's breeder and sending photos often.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I personally have never gotten a dog/ puppy from a breeder but could imagine that both the buyers and the sellers get burned sometimes.
Is it common for a breeder to do a payment plan?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a couple of close breeder friends and have heard some stories over the years. One sold a pup on spay and neuter contract. She actually got papers saying the pup had been neutered in the time it was sposed to be. A year or so later found that that pup had not been neutered and was the stud of some maltipoos and bichapoos and whatnot and that paper was for another dog. Another pup was placed in a *good* home and discovered to be living under a porch outside a matted mess. One failed to get follow up vacs and pup later contracted one of the bad diseases (can't remember which) and pet owner wanted refund and threatened to sue and all kinds of mess. Let's see people who present themselves as pet buyers but are found to own byb puppy factories. One of my friends spent hours and days with a buyer, held a pup out for buyer, got pup groomed and additional vacs for buyer the buyer shows up to pick up pup and declares they decided pup is too much money and here's what I have take it or leave it (about half of what the price was). And oh yes the payment plans, people only do that once they just don't work out many times people get resentful of paying for something they already have and decided to quit payment. Mostly pup buyers are good people but the ones who are nuts are the ones that make you suspcious of everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts