Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided not to get a poodle at this time. As much as I miss having a dog in the house, I am just finding too many cons to getting another dog. I know that I'll be kicking myself when I do decide that it's time, because I passed up, quite possibly, the perfect dog. I will probably have to look a lot harder later on, but deep down I think I made the right choice. Thank you all for the advice you've given me. I am going to stick around, because I do pretty much want a standard poodle and I'm sure there is much more to learn.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
don't worry - another 'perfect dog' will come along at the right time. I think you are making the right choice. You need to be able to have the right time with a new dog and the right situation etc. so that you can enjoy him/her. I enjoy this forum too - I have a lot to learn. I mostly read.lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you aren't ready, you aren't ready. I commend you for making the right choice based on facts and not just emotions, especially when a little life is involved :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
It's hard sometimes to make the sensible choice but good on you for doing so. I waited almost 5 years to get our GSD till we had our own place and knew we were settled for a while. People's cir***stances change sometimes and you have to do the best you can but if you know now is not the right time then so be it. Another perfect dog will come up - they're all perfect when their yours LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts