Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! :hello:

Some of you may notice that I've been gone a long time, but have popped back in. Without going through all the gory details, my absence is on account of some trauma in my life for the last couple years and some big changes. I've recently had to move away from my home...a matter of life and death. That's the long and short of it. But now things have leveled out, after a bout of PTSD, I'm back on track. And in fact, my new digs are a tremendous improvement over the last, including my brand new house and my new town. I'm making tons of friends in my new neighborhood, mostly full of retirees. And having lots of fun hiking with my dogs and discovering new adventures. I'm simply ecstatic. I simply couldn't spend time on PF or deal with it during a devastating loss and high stress associated with and leading up to it. I hope you don't mind that I'm back...probably can't spend inordinate amounts of time here, as I'm pretty immersed in other activities. But I have missed some of you and wanted to come back and say, "Hi." And maybe be included in some of the discussions. Thanks for putting up with me. :)

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Hello PB, I’m very glad to see you back !

Great news about your new life, I am happy for you. I will be looking forward to chatting with you.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Dechi and ZM. That is very kind. Yep...things are vastly better.

Reactions: Dechi and zooeysmom

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Welcome back. I hope this year is the beginnings of a much more peaceful life for you. It will be good to see you here, however frequent or infrequent your visits are. I wish you well.

Cathy and Poppy

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Well dog gone it! I was so happy to see you posting again! Molly missed her little lover boys! I am sad that you have had a rough time but OVERJOYED you are finding your new normal and it is a good one! Hope you have reached the top of the mountain and it just means coasting on a scenic route now!!!! Have to see pics of Maurice and Matisse!!!!!
Bless Ya!
Laurel & Molly

Reactions: Poodlebeguiled

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Well welcome home! Although I'm fairly new here maybe 2 years now. This is a wonderful forum. I have found lots of helpful people here and its really pretty neat. Best of luck in your new home, new town may you find your happiness. Again welcome back on board!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Oh, so glad to hear you are back. I always worry that when members are missing that their poodles have gone over the bridge. Whew, your boys are way too young to think about doing that!

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you so much for such a warm welcome. Molly, I will post pictures of the two little lover boys one of these days. They're about due for a hair cut so I'll wait till they look good for Molly. I wouldn't want to scare her away. :ahhhhh:

Charmed...yes, they're too young. Hopefully they'll stick around for a few more years. They'll be 6 though in May. It's incredible how fast time flies with these guys. :airplane:

Murfur, thanks. I am indeed having lots of luck...went out to lunch yesterday with a couple of neighbors here and got a fortune in a cookie that said, "now is the time to make new friends." And it's just so accurate in what's happening. This neighborhood is unlike any I've ever lived in. We women get together every month for a neighborhood luncheon. We take turns arranging what restaurant, time, date etc. It's up to the person who's doing it that month. I've already had a tea party and a few other kinds of get togethers. One other couple and I go go each other's house for drinks or dinner. (I never drank so much until I moved here. LOL) Anyhow, it's an exceedingly friendly town and very community minded. Thank you for your kind words.

VQ...thank you for your warm wishes and for being accepting with my schedule. lol. I do a lot of outdoor activities which take up lots of time....stuff with my dogs. And I bought a bike so I love riding that all over the place.

Glorybee...thank you. Very nice to see you and hope all is well with everyone. I have indeed missed hanging out here and glad to be welcomed back so nicely.

(((hugs)))

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
HI POOODLEBEGUILD!!! I don't check in much myself anymore and was so pleased to see your post today, welcome back! Your new home and community sounds perfect, so nice to have good neighbors. I hope things just keep getting better and better for you.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you Caddy. It's really nice to see you!!! I hope you'll pop in more if you can. I know how life can get busy and there's always something changing it seems. I hope you've been fine. Thank you for popping in with such a nice welcome.:angel2:

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Welcome back.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
So happy to see you back PB!! Your new place sounds wonderful and I look forward to you future input here on PF. I have missed you!

·
3,110 Posts
Hello PB! It’s so nice to see you posting again!

I come on here just occasionally these days to read, and the very first thread I see this morning is from you! :)

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello PB! It’s so nice to see you posting again!

I come on here just occasionally these days to read, and the very first thread I see this morning is from you! :)
I have thought of you and wondered how things were going. Thanks for saying "hi." Good to see you. Yep, just here and there is all I have time for these days.

Reactions: TrixieTreasure

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Welcome back PB!

I have drifted away as well, life just pulls us in different directions sometimes.

I’m happy to hear that things are back on the right track and you are enjoying the new life you are living. I have always wondered how you were doing as you were very active and your posts very helpful when I brought Shae home nearly two years ago.

Keep the positive vibes going :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Galofpink! I am glad you are still here even if not as frequently. How are you and Shae doing anyhow? Has it really been that long? My goodness, time flies. I sure hope to see you around, at least a little bit. LOL. Thanks for your nice post. :angel:

Reactions: galofpink

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Yes it really has been that long - time does fly.

We are doing pretty well! Thanks for asking :) Shae’s still a very naughty dog by times but I love her dearly and can’t imagine life with out her. Much better than the beginning days when I hated every inch of her being (my issues really, not hers) lol - oh how times change!

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes it really has been that long - time does fly.

We are doing pretty well! Thanks for asking :) Shae’s still a very naughty dog by times but I love her dearly and can’t imagine life with out her. Much better than the beginning days when I hated every inch of her being (my issues really, not hers) lol - oh how times change!

Awwwwww....that's so good to read. Isn't it funny how time changes things and how these creatures have a way of worming their way into our hearts? I know what you mean. Matisse is full of shenanigans too...big time mischief maker.

I'm so glad you two have bonded so well. I knew you would. Haha.

Reactions: galofpink
1 - 20 of 20 Posts