Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You all are giving me good ideas about what to look for now. Your candid comments and experience have been very helpful. I think going younger and a little smaller is a good idea. I am considering the mini but I would like to have a large mini or a very small standard.

How do I find breeders to find such a thing? We are in dallas/ft. worth area of TX.

TIA
Dee

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Karen at Sisco's Distinctive Poodles ships dogs (she's in Bakerfield Ca). She has small Standard's from time to time. If you just want a Poodle and dont care about pedigree then just look around. You'd be surprised what you can find on craigslist sometimes too. Also check out Kijiji.com

·
Registered
646 Posts
My Mandy girl is under 40 lbs and is a ball of energy and would love kids to snuggle and love on her each day but I would suggest a MALE in my opinion they are even more snuggly and gentle.
To me females or more independent.
Casey is way calmer, more relaxed. I love them both but he is my shadow she just checks in. He is about 60 ish lbs.

kijiji is a good start for sure

·
Registered
183 Posts
My Star is 20 pounds (large mini)

and she was the largest in her litter and the breeder suspected she would overshoot the official mini size.

People think she is a standard pup at seven months (the vets included).

I think that you either meet an adult dog who is already at its full growth and like the size or find a breeder who has pups and knows the lineage (no toys in her pedigree which make her more apt to be bigger in every way) and can project size.

·
Registered
546 Posts
You all are giving me good ideas about what to look for now. Your candid comments and experience have been very helpful. I think going younger and a little smaller is a good idea. I am considering the mini but I would like to have a large mini or a very small standard.

How do I find breeders to find such a thing? We are in dallas/ft. worth area of TX.

TIA
Dee
Hey Dee!

I was speaking with these people when I first began my search. Though, I never did make it out to visit their pups. They seemed like a good bunch of people. http://www.hoffmanstoys.com/

In the end, I purchased my tiny toy from www.cournoyeaspoodles.com
They are located in Northern Ontario in Canada and they do ship to the States. If you factor in the exchange rate, you may even find that you get a great deal on a pup if cost is a factor.

My baby is extremely well mannered and socialized. He is obedient and easy to train (I picked him up and he was already potty trained), has a great personality and an amazing disposition. So affectionate and full of love.
Jamie (breeder) is very thorough and attentive - these pups come from a great home. She is always on hand to answer any questions or concerns, and to give advice. She also has poodles of other sizes.. not just tiny toys.

I described to Jamie what I was after - all of the physical traits and characteristics. I had selected a few of her other pups, but she steered me towards my little Snoops whom I am head over heels for, and proud mama of. Jamie knew exactly what I was looking for, and who would best suit what I was after.

I actually live in Dallas, and my pup had no problem with traveling (still travels with me everywhere I go) and adjusted to a new city without a hitch. I actually am thinking already of getting a second puppy from her... :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
In another thread, someone recommended Karbits.

Home

They have small standards. The person has met one of their small standards too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts