Discussion Starter #1
I seen a machine at Walmart the other day that engraved ID tags
and more so I had Maddie one made like this for her collar:

It's very purdy and shiny!:D

Anyone else's dog have an ID tag?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I used to but I changed my phone number and haven't made new ones since. I really like tags. Anytime I see a loose dog with a tag I pull over and call if I can catch it. lol

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
just the rabies tag and the license. Have to check our Walmart to see if they have a machine like that.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
My daughter doesn't put her tags on the minis - she can't stand the sound of them clinking together ha ha - she actually had my son tape Teddy and Gingers together so they wouldn't tinkle! lol She'll kill me if I get another!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
All my dogs have an ID tag, my Pit Cici and my Cocker mix Clover have an ID plate. Only Tuesday my Standard has a mettle tag, its a gold bone with her name on it and my two numbers. The others have plastic colored ones. I would love to get all of them a mettle one but I can't afford to spend $42+ on tags o_O

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The walmart tags here in Cali are like 6 bucks eack. (metal- different colors avail) The machine is located in the pet area of the store instead of near the front doors. Just a fyi :)

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The walmart tags here in Cali are like 6 bucks eack. (metal- different colors avail) The machine is located in the pet area of the store instead of near the front doors. Just a fyi :)

I paid five bucks for Maddie's in Walmart and it's metal.:D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sigh, I wish mine could wear a collar. I don't want to mess up his coat so he doesn't wear one outside of going for walks.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I will always have tags on my dogs in addition to the chips. A few years ago my sister was visiting and her dog got out of the our fence while we were out for the day. The neighbors didn't recognize him. Since he had no tags they called animal control to come get him. This was on a weekend and so we had to wait until Monday to bail him out. It was so scary until we found that he was safe!

·
Registered
209 Posts
We ordered our tags online at http://terrificpets.com/pet_id_tags/ They do double sided tags, so we crammed all of Marley's info onto one tag. We didn't like the clinking either. Now he can sneak up on us. :)

They're inexpensive, too -- $5 + $1 for the double-sided engraving. I encourage everyone to get one... as CurlyDog says, dogs can get outside despite your best efforts. We've returned a number of dogs to their people that way.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had to take Maddie's collar off last night because my hubby was
trying to go to sleep and kept complaining of the jingling
because she was in the floor playing, LOL!:D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Here in the UK you should not walk a dog on the roads without an ID tag. When Inca was in show coat this was quite inconvenient as obviously I didn't want to spoil her mane. I got round it by using round bridle leather collars and only had them on when we were walking. As soon as I cut her coat, we had fancy IDs and lots and lots of different collars, including BLING.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sams tags fell through the deck boards on our deck when he was lying down one time, they turned underneath and trapped him so he couldn't get up. It was very hot out and I couldn't stop picturing what could have happened had we not noticed. He hasn't had tags on since. A long time ago I saw a pocket that attaches to the collar and I haven't been able to find it since, until just now. I'm going to order one so we can get Sam's tags back on him. http://www.amazon.com/REGULAR-SIZE-BLACK-Pocket-Secure/dp/B000MMYOM6

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sams tags fell through the deck boards on our deck when he was lying down one time, they turned underneath and trapped him so he couldn't get up. It was very hot out and I couldn't stop picturing what could have happened had we not noticed. He hasn't had tags on since. A long time ago I saw a pocket that attaches to the collar and I haven't been able to find it since, until just now. I'm going to order one so we can get Sam's tags back on him. http://www.amazon.com/REGULAR-SIZE-BLACK-Pocket-Secure/dp/B000MMYOM6
What kind of collar does he have? Ours is designed to detach if forced open. We were doubtful that it would actually do so, but it has detached twice: once when Marley was tied to my chair at a restaurant and a squirrel ran by, and the other time when he was running after a ball and tripped (we're not quite sure what happened there, but he flipped over and his collar came off -- it must have gotten caught on something).

Marley leads a pretty active life. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts