Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We let all of our ungroomed poodles out for a good time today in the newly falling snow. We figured we'd give them a great time before getting them all prettied up again! They had a wonderful time. And, Brandy, our GRD, got in on the fun too.

Both Billy and Grace were running and scooping up mouth fulls of snow as they went!! LOL

Billy's having such a good time, he's laughing at everyone!! LOL

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let the snow fly!

Boy, they can look scary!

LOOK OUT BRANDY!! They jumped right over her!

Ivy's putting on the breaks...maybe I don't want to get into this.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ice Man

Ice Queen - unfortunately, I have some motion blur in these two but I still like them.

Every one had a GREAT time! They melted off quickly when they came in and are all snoozing now while it is getting darker out and the wind is howling with blowing snow. Not a good time for anyone to be outside!!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOVE THEM! And the 'ferocious face,' too. LOL.

Do you just towel-dry after?
Nope....we let them into the family room in the basement to dry by the wood stove. Later, they have to be brushed out but it is worth every minute of watching them have the time of their lives!!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Ah what a fun :santaclaus::llama: !!!!!

Photos are so great and captured the atmosphere so well, I almost felt I was there too : ))) !!!

I love them all : )))

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Absolutely love your pictures Spoospirit, as I always do. I've been there, done that as far as all that snow goes, use to live in a part of Utah where we had snow on the ground from October till May, and I am glad not to have it anymore. I think it is beautiful, but prefer warmer climate since we've gotten older. But again, it is beautiful to look at in pictures and your dogs are too. Can sure tell that these fur babies had a ball. I am sure it was worth every moment watching them playing, but I sure do not envy all the work you must have had grooming them afterwards.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Absolutely love your pictures Spoospirit, as I always do. I've been there, done that as far as all that snow goes, use to live in a part of Utah where we had snow on the ground from October till May, and I am glad not to have it anymore. I think it is beautiful, but prefer warmer climate since we've gotten older. But again, it is beautiful to look at in pictures and your dogs are too. Can sure tell that these fur babies had a ball. I am sure it was worth every moment watching them playing, but I sure do not envy all the work you must have had grooming them afterwards.
Thank you FB. We sometimes get it from November to April but not that often. It's more like this time of the year until March/April. I don't mind it so much yet. It does bother my FMS sometimes but not enough to make me want to move. Maybe someday.

It was so much fun that we went out without coats on to photograph them. It didn't even bother us!

I worked on Taffy today; she got the works. I will do Billy tomorrow. I love grooming and like to take my time and I give the dogs a break when they need it to so it isn't bad. Taffy is at the point where she needs banding now so she is a little more work than she used to be. LOL

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
They look like they had a blast!, Mine are still enjoying it and we may get more snow tonight. We haven't kept snow on the ground for several years now, its usually gone by the second day.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
OMG your dogs are gorgeous ! These are great pictures.. Thanks for posting and making me smile !

·
Registered
546 Posts
such pretty pictures!!! You should take some video! It would be amazing to see some live footage... or put the photos together to make a "flip book".. it looks like they are running and playing as you flip the pages :)

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
These are great shots and they are having a ball.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
such pretty pictures!!! You should take some video! It would be amazing to see some live footage... or put the photos together to make a "flip book".. it looks like they are running and playing as you flip the pages :)
That's a great idea!! My camera has video capability and takes good quality video. We will have to try it the next time we have a play date in the snow.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They look like they had a blast!, Mine are still enjoying it and we may get more snow tonight. We haven't kept snow on the ground for several years now, its usually gone by the second day.
Isn't it wonderful? We got another foot of snow last night but it is only 5 degrees and the wind is blowing pretty hard so no playing outside today!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts