Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish we lived in a house. I'm sick right now and can't take Sisko outside and I don't want my little brothers taking Sisko outside with the flirt pole because they have never done it before, so I started playing with Sisko with his rope toy. After a few minutes my downstairs neighbor started banging on the ceiling. She used to live in another apartment, but for some reason moved downstairs to live above 3 adults 2 kids, 2 crazy cats who tend to make a lot of noise themselves and Sisko. Sisko is by no means quiet. Him playing didn't also used to be a problem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Man, I do not miss dealing with apartment neighbors! Do you think you could put down some foam flooring (the tiles that fit together like puzzle pieces) and it might help muffle things a bit? Sisko's a pretty big boy, IIRC, so it might not. I also suspect you might just need to vent, and in that case, I'm here to listen. :) I hope you feel better quickly.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man, I do not miss dealing with apartment neighbors! Do you think you could put down some foam flooring (the tiles that fit together like puzzle pieces) and it might help muffle things a bit? Sisko's a pretty big boy, IIRC, so it might not. I also suspect you might just need to vent, and in that case, I'm here to listen. :) I hope you feel better quickly.
I'd love to move ASAP if we could, but money is an issue. I've seen those! I'm not sure if they would work or not either. Sisko is 26 or 27 inches tall and is only 55lbs, but sounds like an elephant running. It's strange😬 Yes, I was just venting. Thank you, for reading! Thank you!:)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vent all you want. That's a hard situation to be in. I'm sorry. :(
Thank you! I appreciate you reading my rant. Not even getting to play in the apartment is hard and frustrating. This was at 1:00 in the afternoon and we have played like that before, and we didn't even play that long. I would say 10 minutes max, and all the sudden we can't do that anymore??

Sisko and I have not had it easy so far.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry. That is tough. I hope you feel better soon.

I totally understand too, it’s hard for me to “let go” and trust that our spoo will be ok with others.
Thank you.

I'm really happy that I am not alone with this. I do trust my brothers, but I don't want them getting hurt by Sisko. He gave me a very bad friction burn on my finger a few weeks ago. I don't want the same happening to them too, and he doesn't listen to them as much as he listens to me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sisko is 26 or 27 inches tall and is only 55lbs, but sounds like an elephant running. It's strange😬
Our stairs are uncarpeted, bare wood, and most of the space underneath is just that-- space, totally hollow-- so they're basically a big soundbox. One of our cats is about 11lbs and otherwise totally silent when she moves, but on our stairs she sounds like an elephant running! So yeah, 55lbs of playful poodle (I'm guessing he has springs for legs like most) probably makes a little noise. ;)

That said,
This was at 1:00 in the afternoon and we have played like that before, and we didn't even play that long. I would say 10 minutes max, and all the sudden we can't do that anymore??
You have a very good point here. Part of apartment life is accepting that you're going to hear your neighbors sometimes, and it sounds like you're really trying to be respectful of your neighbors. Maybe Ms. Downstairs needs to be a little more tolerant.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Apartment living sucks, I agree! Glad to be out of one for now.

I found a carpet did help, as did soft toys and keeping nails clipped. I also kept a ridiculously close eye on when the downstairs neighbours were home, so I could play when they were gone. Still - 1 pm in the afternoon is fair game for running, IMO. Kids upstairs would be just as loud as a dog jumping/playing.

Sorry Fenris, hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Our stairs are uncarpeted, bare wood, and most of the space underneath is just that-- space, totally hollow-- so they're basically a big soundbox. One of our cats is about 11lbs and otherwise totally silent when she moves, but on our stairs she sounds like an elephant running! So yeah, 55lbs of playful poodle (I'm guessing he has springs for legs like most) probably makes a little noise. ;)

That said,

You have a very good point here. Part of apartment life is accepting that you're going to hear your neighbors sometimes, and it sounds like you're really trying to be respectful of your neighbors. Maybe Ms. Downstairs needs to be a little more tolerant.

Yep! Sisko has springs for legs;)

I think she needs to be more tolerant too.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Apartment living sucks, I agree! Glad to be out of one for now.

I found a carpet did help, as did soft toys and keeping nails clipped. I also kept a ridiculously close eye on when the downstairs neighbours were home, so I could play when they were gone. Still - 1 pm in the afternoon is fair game for running, IMO. Kids upstairs would be just as loud as a dog jumping/playing.

Sorry Fenris, hope you feel better soon!
I'm glad you're out of one too!

We already have carpet, but it's very old. We should be able to get it replaced this month or next month though. Sisko's nails are short, but I would like them a little short. That's awesome, I will start doing the same. I think that 1 PM is fair game too, especially since we have done it before without any trouble. It seems that she is getting even more and more demanding. I know right?

Thank you! I am feeling better for the most part today!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts