Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finished up setting up the puppy area after a deep clean of the house. I always put it up early so the kids get bored with it and learn to leave it alone. I may have went a tad over board. The checkered ball is for g2 from the pup so she doesn’t feel left out. Her blanket matches her Tiffany tag. Just waiting on a few of her bows and she’s all set!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Absolutely adorable!

one thing I found helpful with Gracie was using the foam blocks as a floor covering, as she would just shred the papers. They’re the ones they sell fOr kids rooms, exercise areas, etc. They are soft, so I didn’t feel guilty about having to remove soft beds when she was in a destructive phase and they are waterproof, so protect the floor.
Gracie was a wild child though, lol! Still is in some ways, although she is no longer destructive. You may not have the same issues, but just something to keep in your back pocket as an option 😀
Here’s a pic of her bare bones set-up.
Couldn’t even keep a water dish in as she would swim in it...still does that sometimes too. And that cute sweater I put on her in 10 degree January, she got a corner of that too eventually...my sweet, wild girl!

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that’s a good idea! She won’t be in her pen much since someone’s always home, but I’ll definitely keep that in mind.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed LambChop in your photos - good choice. Asta adores LambChop. Good job, too on the crate and the cute bed.
All of my littles LOOOOOVVVVEEE the lambchops. no clue why but it's always been their favorite toy so i figured we better not go without.lol

·
Registered
932 Posts
Make sure that she’s used to being in a pen, and also by herself. Much like a toddler, a dog needs to learn how to settle themselves. You never know if/when you’ll need the pen, say, after a spay when they’re on reduced activity. Or for an unforeseen illness/injury.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Cute set up. Love the color. Very luxe.

I would look to putting something more robust underneath to protect the floor. Depending on the puppy, and it's age, those pads may not last for long in good shape. I love the foam blocks CarolineK uses - a nice soft surface and should be easy to clean. I would also line below that with a thick sheet of plastic.

·
Premium Member
9,702 Posts
So cute! Don’t fill the water bowl to the brim... Buck had many spills and I soon resorted to using beach towels. Easier, but not as adorable:)

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Cute set up. Love the color. Very luxe.

I would look to putting something more robust underneath to protect the floor. Depending on the puppy, and it's age, those pads may not last for long in good shape. I love the foam blocks CarolineK uses - a nice soft surface and should be easy to clean. I would also line below that with a thick sheet of plastic.
Yes what Skylar said. The blocks are waterproof but where they connect is not. I wound up putting a waterproof drop cloth underneath after a few days.A vinyl tablecloth from the dollar store would work well too.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Sorry, post metastasized!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
triple post

·
Super Moderator
5,244 Posts
That's a beautiful pen!

All these comments are bringing back memories of puppy Peggy trying to swim in her water bowl. Almost a year later, we've still got it mounted up off the ground in her crate. You'd think she'd have grown out of that....but you would be incorrect.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you the pen itself we got on amazon for $30 and it’s actually really nice. Has nice sized slats so her little feet won’t get stuck and a nice sized door with flush turn latch’s to lock it. It just snapped together super easily and I was shocked on the quality for the price. For a toy poodle it’s perfect and seems sturdy. I loved that they came in black.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts