Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the big IKC dog show in Chicago this weekend. SO much shopping, and i was in heaven!!! I bought the CC shampoo with oatmeal. I forget the actual name, but it seemed nice. The CC lady told me that if i had a show poodle that it would ruin the coat, but since Ry is kept short that it would work great. It was a nice price and so SH so i bough it. I also got some shampoo and conditioner samples from Isle of Dog! I am excited to try those too. I also bought a Fabulous new leash that i so didnt need, but it kept calling my name. :D (plus other things)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Which Isle of the dog shampoos did you get? I wish I could get some samples. I'd love samples to figure out if I like a shampoo or not.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Isle of dog has 2 different lines...one for pet people, one for professional people. Then the products have names like SIT, STAY etc. I am not one for gimicky things so that's why I don't stick with it. However I love all the smells. But in my salon and on my own dogs, I use no smells at all. Plus, the smells make the cost of the products go up. But the Isle of Dog samples WILL impress you.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Isle of dog has 2 different lines...one for pet people, one for professional people. Then the products have names like SIT, STAY etc. I am not one for gimicky things so that's why I don't stick with it. However I love all the smells. But in my salon and on my own dogs, I use no smells at all. Plus, the smells make the cost of the products go up. But the Isle of Dog samples WILL impress you.
LOL I love gimmicky products...except deshedders...but thats a different topic for a different thread.

I havent tried IOD at all, although I considered it.
I have tried CC shampoos and hairsprays I like their Ice on Ice, but thats about it

I drop so much money on show vendors for useless crap that I really dont need...I have a sticker obsession LOL

·
Registered
575 Posts
The IOD shampoo's are fantastic! The professional line is called Salon Elements and the STAND up shampoo is the one for curly coats. It's a clarifying/texturizing shampoo. The Coature & Everyday line is what is sold to the GP. The Coature line has an Evening Primrose and Royal Jelly shampoo's that are wonderful. The RJ is really nice to PUFF up a coat and give it body/texture and the EPO is really nice for coat's that need a little TLC. The Everyday line is new and I've not used it, so I can't really comment on it, but I'm sure it's very nice (all their stuff is great).

The Stand Up is all I use on curly coats, speaking of which, I need to order more :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I used the CC gold on gold system on Taffy last week and liked the way her coat fluffed out and how it stayed nice and brush-able for a week now. Usually she mats up in a few days as she is blowing her puppy coat. But it did seem to take some of that beautiful shimmer out of her hair.

I am open to suggestions to try for an apricot in show coat that needs volumnizing from shampoo to hairspray.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Sorry guys - what C C stands for :rolffleyes: LOL I suppose it is beginner letters of 2 words LMAO Help the ignorant me :decision: LOL

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Oh thank you SpooSpirit XOXOOOOOOOO:first:

Now I can go and look at CC and smell it LMAO and perhaps try on myself LOL so I can participate in the debate :flowers:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
So if you are a pet owner and just want your dog to smell nice, have a clean fluffy coat (considering that I groom my own dogs I want something that makes it easier for me to scissor) and doesn't cost me an arm and a leg, what would I get? Seems to me everyone has their own favorites so it's hard to go by word of mouth. I guess you have to just try products out and see which ones you like.

·
Registered
165 Posts
How is Hydrosurge Shampoo/Conditioner? I asked my groomer what they used for deep conditioning when we got Titan groomed, and they said Hydrosurge...so I went ahead and bought a few bottles myself. Stupid me didn't think to get samples!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Hydro surge shampoo and conditioner are normal except they are designed for machine washing dogs. A hydrosurge machine mixes water, air and shampoo and blasts it into the coat so the groomer doesn't have to scrub by hand. Its the same as dishwashing soap...some is meant for the sink and some is meant for the dishwasher. Now all you have to do is buy yourself a nice hydrosurge and you'll have wonderfully clean poodles.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Isn't shopping for dogs fun! Let us know how you like all the samples!

Spoospirit - try CC thick 'N thicker to aid in scissoring.

Also, Davis Fluff Out aids in poodle coats texture and fullness - spritz it on a damp coat and then dry as normal.

Show Seasons Results Rinse will help too. It has some detangling ability and kind of "separates" each hair and helps is stand up to aid in scissoring . . . . . no more floppy coats.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hydro surge shampoo and conditioner are normal except they are designed for machine washing dogs. A hydrosurge machine mixes water, air and shampoo and blasts it into the coat so the groomer doesn't have to scrub by hand. Its the same as dishwashing soap...some is meant for the sink and some is meant for the dishwasher. Now all you have to do is buy yourself a nice hydrosurge and you'll have wonderfully clean poodles.
aw man.....do I really have to buy the Hydrosurge Bathing System, too??? :scared: I didn't realize you HAD to use the machine, too :( that was a big failure on my part....

·
Registered
575 Posts
aw man.....do I really have to buy the Hydrosurge Bathing System, too??? :scared: I didn't realize you HAD to use the machine, too :( that was a big failure on my part....
Wally World sells the Hydrosurge shampoo's that are for hand washing, so don't beat yourself up :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
isn't shopping for dogs fun! Let us know how you like all the samples!

Spoospirit - try cc thick 'n thicker to aid in scissoring.

Also, davis fluff out aids in poodle coats texture and fullness - spritz it on a damp coat and then dry as normal.

Show seasons results rinse will help too. It has some detangling ability and kind of "separates" each hair and helps is stand up to aid in scissoring . . . . . No more floppy coats.

thank you!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts