Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mum has been busy-busy-boring all week, doing stuff and cleaning and moving furniture and making beds and taking heaps of stuff to the charity shop and to the dump and shopping and more cleaning and doing more stuff. This morning she made us both have a bath (I quite like baths if the water is warm and they are over quickly and I don't have to stand for hours while she fiddles with clippers and scissors), and then she even washed Sophy's special blanket, so Sophy is feeling sad till it's dry again. If she starts cooking we will know for certain that visitors are coming - I hope it will be someone nice!

[My turn to host family Christmas - every time I put down a pile of clean bedding I turned round to find a cat or dog curled up on it! I have been getting a lot of "help"... fjm]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dear Poppy,

It sounds like an exciting time is coming up at your house. We hope everyone is nice, too. We are going to our Grandmum's house for Christmas dinner. We hope she has special treats for us.

Riley and Avery

Reactions: fjm

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
Dear Poppy: Lots of excitement at our house too. No big cleaning but Mom has been rapping presents. I like to help -putting my paws on the paper and chasing the ribbon, just like a cat, Mom says. Hope you have a great time with your special guests and have very happy holidays - your friend, Asta

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Dear Poppy hope you have nice guest. Mom had her party with 17 women Wed. evening and we got a lot of attention, but I heard her say she is going to Ms. Dolly's Christmas day and I know she won't take us, cause Ms. Dolly has 2 maltese and did not invite us. But Poppy Aunt Dixie came by today and gave us each a present, so that was nice. You all have a Merry Christmas. It is me Cayenne writing for Sage and Bella

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, this afternoon Mum said she needed something called sherry, as she can't put up all the sparkly stuff without it, so we went for a walk and she went to the shop and they didn't have any, so she drove for miles to another shop, and unless sherry comes in very large bags and is very heavy I think she must have bought some other stuff as well. There is a wrapped up tree on the doorstep, and a heap of parcels in pretty paper and ribbons, and I think we may be having something called Christmas. Mum even did some ironing and i have hardly ever seen her do that, except when she is sewing! I wonder if we will get presents - Mum says we get them every day so we may not notice. Today we had special chicken stick treats because someone was making horrible banging noises down by the river - I didn't like the bangs but the chicken was lovely!

Poppy xx

·
Premium Member
9,622 Posts
Dear Poppy,

I hate it when the female is busy, busy, BORING, too. We are having visitors after Christmas and I am happy. One is the small human. Can’t understand a word he says! Anyway, my humans had a loud talk about small human safety. The male was very calm, but the female was not. We are getting some baby gates, whatever those are.

Have a Happy Christmas!

Your pal,
Buck

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Dear Poppy,

Yup! I think Christmas is coming to YOUR house this year! My Mom misses it coming to our house, but I don't, cuz we get to go to the G-Kids house where it it loads of fun playing with the retrievers, and being spoiled rotten..........and having tasty stuff sneaked to me when I give them the 'poodle look of love'! AND I get to go outside anytime I want to over there cuz they have a doggie door!!!
Well, have fun and practice your 'cute look' so maybe someone will sneak you lots of tasty snacks.

MERRY CHRISTMAS:santaclaus::present::santaclaus:
LOVE,
MOLLY

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Poppy, it sounds like some pretty good treats might be coming your way! I love when we have people over cos there are more people to throw my toys for me.

I like Christmas cos I get lots of presents and heaps of pats and people to play with me. Mum says that it’s going to be extra hot this year so I’m having a paddling pool too for when we’re outside at the barbeque (I’m the offical sous chef).

Rory xxx

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, it has been very exciting here. We came downstairs and the tree Mum spent ages setting up on a table and covering with sparkly things was flat on its face on the floor surrounded by water and pine needles and bits of broken sparkly things and Mum shouted "Wait!" in her I-really-mean-it voice and then there was lots of heaving and shoving and sweeping and wiping and rude words and she got the really big noisy sucky thing out and at last we were allowed out of the corner and back where the tree fell down. Mum says she has tied it to the locked door behind it and it should stay put, but we have seen Tilly-cat poking it and I think perhaps she helped it to fall over. I am not sure that trees in the house are a very good idea...

Poppy xx

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Oh no, Poppy and Fjm, I'm so sorry about the tree accident. Time for a heaping helping of that lovely sherry stuff, methinks!

Now at least it will be smooth sailing going forward :).

Happy Christmas from Oliver and me!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Happy Christmas, Poppy!

We hope there will be no more flat-on-face trees, nor broken sparkly things, and especially no more big noisy sucky thing, at least til next year :)
Neo and Remo say they do not like the big noisy sucky thing either. They chase it and yell at it, but it will not go away!

Wishing you visions of sugarplums, tho chicken would be better :)

Rose, Remo and Neo

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have a little noisy sucky thing, which is not too bad, but the big one is huge - big enough to eat me - and I stay well away from it when it is switched on just in case. The tree is behaving itself, and Sophy's blanket is back on the floor, and the house is nearly straight, and Mum is now doing lots of interesting cooking. She says all the family are coming later on today, so that means most of our favourite people will be here, and the humans will have fizzy wine which means we will get bread sticks and other scrummy stuff, so it is probably worth putting up with the big noisy sucky thing. It doesn't come out very often - Mum says lots of people people use one every day, or even more often than that!

Poppy xx

·
Registered
420 Posts
We have a little noisy sucky thing, which is not too bad, but the big one is huge - big enough to eat me - and I stay well away from it when it is switched on just in case. The tree is behaving itself, and Sophy's blanket is back on the floor, and the house is nearly straight, and Mum is now doing lots of interesting cooking. She says all the family are coming later on today, so that means most of our favourite people will be here, and the humans will have fizzy wine which means we will get bread sticks and other scrummy stuff, so it is probably worth putting up with the big noisy sucky thing. It doesn't come out very often - Mum says lots of people people use one every day, or even more often than that!

Poppy xx
Hysterical,!!!!

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
Happy Christmas, Poppy!

We hope there will be no more flat-on-face trees, nor broken sparkly things, and especially no more big noisy sucky thing, at least til next year :)
Neo and Remo say they do not like the big noisy sucky thing either. They chase it and yell at it, but it will not go away!

Wishing you visions of sugarplums, tho chicken would be better :)

Rose, Remo and Neo
So funny!

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Everybody is here, but some didn't arrive until after we usually go to bed, and by the time Mum had fed them and they had nattered a bit and she made them all go to bed so she could make up her bed in the sitting room we were very, very tired. I sort of like visitors, but after a bit I get anxious and it is all a Bit Too Much, and I need Mum to make it calm and comfortable and usual again. She says we live a very lazy life of walks and meals and pootling around with just us, so it is not surprising a house full of people talking and laughing is a bit overwhelming. This morning she didn't wake up until nearly 8 o'clock, even though Sophy started very quietly saying it was morning at 6.30am! I think Mum must have been very tired too.

Everyone else is still asleep in bed, so it is just us, and the cats, and Mum, and the sparlkly things are all twinking and there is a big pile of interesting parcels under the tree and Jilly brought us chicken for a special breakfast, and Mum says I must not forget to say HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

Poppy xxx

·
Registered
420 Posts
Everybody is here, but some didn't arrive until after we usually go to bed, and by the time Mum had fed them and they had nattered a bit and she made them all go to bed so she could make up her bed in the sitting room we were very, very tired. I sort of like visitors, but after a bit I get anxious and it is all a Bit Too Much, and I need Mum to make it calm and comfortable and usual again. She says we live a very lazy life of walks and meals and pootling around with just us, so it is not surprising a house full of people talking and laughing is a bit overwhelming. This morning she didn't wake up until nearly 8 o'clock, even though Sophy started very quietly saying it was morning at 6.30am! I think Mum must have been very tired too.

Everyone else is still asleep in bed, so it is just us, and the cats, and Mum, and the sparlkly things are all twinking and there is a big pile of interesting parcels under the tree and Jilly brought us chicken for a special breakfast, and Mum says I must not forget to say HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

Poppy xxx
You have a very charming way of writing. Very much enjoyed this "dog's view"

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Dear Poppy,

I hope you had a very happy Christmas, even with the big sucky thing going ROAR and mum losing her temper when the tree felled down. We didn't have a tree this year. I'm not going to name any names, but last year my sister knocked over our tree way too many times. And my mom said lots of bad words. I likes Christmas even if this year my mom was all stressed over her sick cat. He's much better now, so my mom is doing better. Mom got new shears and a brand new clipper for Christmas. I think she's going to cut someone's hair soon. I hope it's hers, not mine.

Love,
Noelle.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Dear Poppy,

I hope you had a very happy Christmas, even with the big sucky thing going ROAR and mum losing her temper when the tree felled down. We didn't have a tree this year. I'm not going to name any names, but last year my sister knocked over our tree way too many times. And my mom said lots of bad words. I likes Christmas even if this year my mom was all stressed over her sick cat. He's much better now, so my mom is doing better. Mom got new shears and a brand new clipper for Christmas. I think she's going to cut someone's hair soon. I hope it's hers, not mine.

Love,
Noelle.
So very funny thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am not sure I really like Christmas - there are people everywhere in all the chairs and beds and they stay up talking way past our bedtime and I get all frazzled and cross because everything is not as it should be. Mum made me a comfy bed in a nice quiet, cool spot on the stairs and that helped a bit, but really I just want everything to get back to normal. At least she didn't get grooming stuff for Christmas though - being clipped as well would be Too Much!

(Sophy says I am a wuss and it has been a lovely Christmas and she likes it very much, although she is looking forward to getting our great big bed back. The floor is interesting and quite comfy, but he big bed is better!)

Poppy xx

Reactions: Charlie's Person

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Dear Poppy,

Neo and Remo asked me to tell you that holidays, as wonderful and fun as they are, can put things at sixes and sevens. When quiet and normal come back, you'll find you miss it a teeny bit, and will look back happily on the chicken and the fuss. And not to fret over clipping :)

Neo, Remo and Rose

1 - 20 of 31 Posts