Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's having a litter soon and the pups will be ready in mid-December.
http://saratogastandards.com/puppies.htm

I've talked to her and she said the sire is 27" and the dam is 23" she said about size, "We generally get some big pups that will be
27" and some that will be 24"/25"

I was really hoping to find a standard on the smaller size but realllly like this breeder, I've been hearing that the cadbury lines for browns are really good, and this litter is.

My question is... those of you that have experience being around many spoos, would you say the size difference from say 22 and 25-27 day to day makes much of a difference? I myself am only 5'2. I've heard the term "gentle giants" true?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
She's having a litter soon and the pups will be ready in mid-December.
http://saratogastandards.com/puppies.htm

I've talked to her and she said the sire is 27" and the dam is 23" she said about size, "We generally get some big pups that will be
27" and some that will be 24"/25"

I was really hoping to find a standard on the smaller size but realllly like this breeder, I've been hearing that the cadbury lines for browns are really good, and this litter is.

My question is... those of you that have experience being around many spoos, would you say the size difference from say 22 and 25-27 day to day makes much of a difference? I myself am only 5'2. I've heard the term "gentle giants" true?

The term Gentle Giants is exactly correct. I just measured my boy Eli last night and he's only 24 1/2 inches at the shoulders. I actually would prefer a 26 inch male standard myself. Anyhow, the 24''/25'' height is a good height. You will notice which pups are going to be larger and the ones that will be standard.

Congrats on finding a breeder you like. December is soon and what fun to look forward too.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
congrats on finding the right breeder :D

Enzo is 24 inches and when we take him to shows he is usually the smallest male there.

I wish he was 25.5 lol

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hi, Just measured our two out of curiosity. Our black female (Marlee) is 24 in. at the shoulder and our male (Rocky) is 26 in. Rocky is a full brother litter mate to Secreto's boy (Eli) who is 24 1/2 in., so with the breeding that you are considering there is probably a good chance that there will be both larger and smaller pups in the litter, since the sire is 27" and the dam is 23".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts