Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched the film 'Marley & Me' for the first time tonight and cried like a baby. I've always been a big mush over movies about animals, but this was ridiculous. I cried every bit as hard as I did the day I had to put my cat to sleep.

I kept telling myself IT'S ONLY A MOVIE and MARLEY IS A DOG ACTOR, but it didn't help.

Good film though, and I recommend you watch it if you haven't already. Just have a box of kleenex handy.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
I read the book before the movie even came out... I can tell a great writer by the emotions they evoke from me as I read their words on a page... I have to tell you, as I neared the end of the book (and I KNEW that what was coming was inevitable), I had to put the book away for a couple of weeks before I could finish it... I cried like a baby just from reading black words on a white page... I liked the movie too, and made my husband watch in on VOD a few weeks ago (cried again, of course!)

I'm just so glad my Lucybug has been a "perfect puppy" and doesn't do any of the things that Marley did!! :)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just so glad my Lucybug has been a "perfect puppy" and doesn't do any of the things that Marley did!! :)
Me too! Then again, we do have poodles and not labs. My sister's lab did a lot of those things that Marley did. LOL!

I guess she's part of the reason I found it so incredibly sad. She's getting on in years and is showing signs of slowing down. It won't be too long before they will have to make some tough decisions. It's going to be very hard on my nephews, who grew up with her.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen it several times and I own it. But regardless of knowing it's going to happen I STILL cry. Sometimes I even have to stop watching it after they move out of Florida :(
I recorded it on my DVR, but I doubt I will ever feel like watching it again.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
My daughter and I went together when it was in the theater and we will NEVER go to a Theater for a very sad movie AGAIN - we sobbed just like you did, I think everyone did in the movies - so much sniffling!

The sad part for me is it is a true story! And I seen that the owners got a new lab a couple years ago and called C. Milan in to help them train their new baby! So it was nice seeing them with another dog again.:)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL! The whole time I was watching that movie I was thinking they needed to call Cesar. Glad to hear they did for their second furbaby.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts