Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was snowing a bit here in North Carolina and got some fun pictures. Grimm wanted nothing to do with the cold and I don't have a hoodie for him yet so I let him stay inside. Dodger is also still in bed but she'll have to go outside eventually.

Loki looks great in his winter coat

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Oh my gosh Loki is so gorgeous in that first shot!!
Really nice photos, looks like your dogs had a blast!! :)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have sad news about Loki though. He's not even a year old and showing signs of bad hips already. He's always seemed to have a weird bone structure but the other day Evan had to help him up because he was crying and crawlinga round on the ground and couldnt get his back legs to lift himself up. Once he's up though he's fine! It's just after sleeping for awhile he seems really stiff and can't quite do it on his own.

We see the vet next week to ask about the best course of supplements as well as a possible x-ray. Im *hoping* it's managable with supplements. Otherwise it could get very expensive.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I am jealous you all are getting snow and its just raining here.

The pics are great they are having a ball and Loki is so handsome. I am so sorry he is having problems already...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have unfortunately had a lot of problems with Loki..all medical related..his personality shines! He's the only dog i've ever had from puppy to adult that has not had ONE accident inside the house! Even as a baby he never soiled his crate and quickly learned to ask to go outside.

He had demo-mange as a baby..ivermectin took care of that easily enough, he's always had really dry, flakey skin..thought it might be his diet but I feed really good food (taste of the wild) so adding supplements (missing link) cleared that up in about 3 weeks..his coat is just stunning now... you would have never known his tail was almost bald at one point!

I'm hoping he's just having issues adjusting to the cold and that his hips are all right.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Wonderful pictures. You would never know Loki is having hip issues. I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you will get some good news about an easy maintenance plan for him at the vet.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Aidan, sorry to hear about Locki, Maybe he possibly slipped a leg bone out of a socket when he was playing so hard in the snow, and the vet may be able to slide it back into the socket. What ever it is I hope the vet can help you find something to keep him from pain.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm hoping it's something simple. It happened the night before all the snow and he ran around all day today without any problems.

It's only after sleeping for awhile, maybe he's just stiff..who knows! It's colder here than it was in Louisiana so im hoping it's just an adjustment period :rain: but if the vet insists on doing xrays i'll know for sure.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Those a great photos!! I love the second one.

I'm sorry to hear that Loki has had so much trouble. I'll be waiting to hear how he makes out after the vet visit. I do hope it is good.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I absolutely love Loki!

I love the one where he's being wacky!

I hope he gets better though : )

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Great photos! Love seeing all the dogs having a blast playing in the snow. Snow is a great energizer! Rebel has been running/sliding over the snow/ice all day, chasing squirrels from fence line to fence line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts