Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had my lil guy almost a year when my husband and i moved in with his mom my giz started itching like crazy all the time i have been the one to cut his hair after the first cutting that was done before i got him i bought a new clipper it has helped alot but there is still this one spot on his neck none of this startd till we moved so the vet put him on "stress pills" after trying idk how many things to help the cost at the vet is drivin me crazy although idk what i got to do to get him to stop i figured if the vet cant help me with my baby maby yall could
we are in a small hick town but one would think the vet did go to school out of this town!!!!
now that we comfortably moved in i really thought this would stop but so far no real great luck gizmo (bo) seems to have this one spot i cant get rid of

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Does the vet have any idea what kind of allergy it is? Is it environmental or food? What are you currently feeding him? Is he allergic to fle bites and do you keep him on flee meds?

There are so many possibilities...sigh.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he is on pedigree that is what he was on when i got him i have asked the vet about the allergies and all he does is seem to want to give me more cream or more pills i have no idea what his problem is he is great with my husbands husky.... when we moved here we had a run in with fleas omg i have never seen a problem like that before!!! and there are no other animals here!! but the issue there is gone too we nipped that one as fast as we could we did find out that my mother in law was giving him scraps my husband and i both came unglued!! she said she has stopped but im wondering if that might be part of the issue i know she puts grease and juice on his food every once in a while but i always thought that was good for the coat any more i aint so sure my lil guy just goes ape at times and it aint all the time.... she only works 3 days a week and one of them im off work i work 12 hour days and he is with her most the time my husband is home on the weekends he gizzy has really seemed to enjoy his new found freedom but at the same time i am pretty worried i never thought i would ever want a poodle i seen this lil guy on craigs list at 10weeks old they had gotten him and there boston was beating on him this lil guy has brough so much joy to my life and my mother in laws that im very hooked i want to do all i can to help him!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts