Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL. The title says it all. I opened the door tonight to unload a big box into the house and he flew out it. He came right back, but gave me a lump in my throat by running towards the busy street and then hightailing back when I recalled him. I think I need to start up my jogging/running routine again, just so he can run to his little heart's content :lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Or you could start riding your bike. My assistant has something called the Walky Dog that she bought on Amazon. It attaches to her bike and then holds the leash so her dog can run alongside her. (Nikki is too small for something like that, of course!) Her dog gets really excited whenever she takes out the bike. He loves it!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Or you could start riding your bike. My assistant has something called the Walky Dog that she bought on Amazon. It attaches to her bike and then holds the leash so her dog can run alongside her. (Nikki is too small for something like that, of course!) Her dog gets really excited whenever she takes out the bike. He loves it!

THAT'S REALLY COOL!!! I'm getting one!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I so want one of those too, because my mini love to run, run, run! But I want to wait until he's at least a year old.

Oh, and I need to get a bike, too!

·
Registered
123 Posts
One thing... my assistant said she has to keep her hands on the handlebars at all times in case her dog sees a squirrel. LOL Her dog has never pulled her off the bike, but she said there have been a couple close calls when she wasn't paying enough attention.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i love hiking with my dog! it's far more interesting than just jogging...plus i can just go at my own pace while the dog is off leash. she'll run or walk at her own pace, but she'll always come back to get me:)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have one the is similar to this one mine has a big spring so it absorbs the movement if they do pull I have never been pulled over.
They LOVE it when I get out the harnesses they go running to the door fighting over who is going to go first and it make it easy to exercise all 5. When I first teach them to use it I start with a leash on the collar just in case they try to run in front of you,you can hold them back they get the hang of it real fast and respect the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts