Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beau's chin gets this stubbly feeling just days after he is groomed. I thought I could take care of that. Is it possible to use my husbands old electric razor for such a small area? I just dont feel competant to groom him myself. But I would like to do something about this stubble. Do all poodles have this? Debby

·
Registered
335 Posts
My blue Levi does...it is annoying, isn't it? I am going to get a mini-type trimmer and keep that cleaned off-maybe get brave and do some other trimming as I get a feel for it. I would think you can use your husband's old electric razor-but maybe a pro will answer this for you.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You can buy a tiny trimmer for next to nothing. I use the same one that I use to trim my horses whiskers off. Just be gentle and don't force anything then you will be OK.

·
Registered
875 Posts
are you talking about a beard trimmer (looks like a tiny clipper) or a regular electric razor(like with the circle heads?) a beard trimmer would work, but the circle headed one I wouldnt use, if you have ever shaved your legs with one, you know that it pulls hair OUCH!.

The stubble is normal, its his whiskers coming back in, they grow faster than the other hair, I personally would leave it, because you would end up having to shave him nearly every day, but if he lets you do it, and its something you want, go for it :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
We have the same situation. Can anyone post specific links to your recommendations? In my case, it'd be to touch up the face between groomings (for now, LOL).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts