Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am drawing a blank and I want to submit Rykers AKC paperwork. I will not be using the kennel name because I was not given permission. His parents names are My immortal and Arrogance if that helps. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I don't have any suggestions, but I was going to comment that it seems odd to a Canadian that you would be registering the name. In Canada the breeder registers the name and so far as I am aware they always use their own kennel name. When I bought dogs from Regina, where I live, the breeder asked what I wanted for a name. Mickey was just Labonne's (the breeder's kennel name) Mickey. When it came to Sam, some other people wanted to call their dog Sam, so as his father was Int. Ch. Renwick's Hollywood Hit, I called Sam - Labonne's On Rodeo Drive.

I think its a good idea of yours to connect the name with the parents.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Naming

If you want to play on the dam/sire names, how about:

Pride of Angels
Fallen Angel
Paradise Lost
Dorian Gray (which would be way cute if he's a silver)

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
You should call Richard because I'm pretty sure he would want you to register that dog using his kennel name.

Registered names:

Aery's Captivate Me (from a line from My Immortal)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I will call him. The box where the owner signs to allow permission to use the kennel name wasn't signed. I am not sure if it was on purpose or not. I like captivate me a lot. Thank for the suggestions!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Playing on the captivate theme

Captivate my soul
Captivate my heart
Arrogrance captivates me
Captivating angel

Captivating Ryker

Captivating Ryker's Heart

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I've just emailed Richard and see if I should register Nickel using his kennel name. But Captivate Me sounds really nice! Since he marked Ryker as a blue on paper, how about Captivate My Monday Blues?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I've just emailed Richard and see if I should register Nickel using his kennel name. But Captivate Me sounds really nice! Since he marked Ryker as a blue on paper, how about Captivate My Monday Blues?

Brevity is always the soul of wit. I'd try to go with something simpler. If you like the above, shorten it to:

Aery's Monday Blues

·
Registered
593 Posts
Brevity is always the soul of wit. I'd try to go with something simpler. If you like the above, shorten it to:

Aery's Monday Blues
I agree..the first few dogs had longer registered names...but then when I had to start filling out entry forms (never really planned on showing with the first dog)with long names it was a pain in the butt..

The first cav is .. Truwain Autumn Frost of Mihart..

2nd cav is Truwain Cedar.... (the breeder did register him as I didn't get him til he was 9 months but I was sure glad he had a short name)

Last dog poodle is Redferns High Flyer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts