Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if any of you have pictures of a spoo without a perfect groom job. lol. you all keep them so beautifully groomed. My husband doesn't think he would like a standard because he says he doesn't like the long noses, however, he says he really likes the labradoodles/goldendoodles he has seen. I told him that you don't have to keep the face shaved down you can do a teddy bear face. I tried to google ungroomed poodle, but could only find like rescue dogs full of mats or dirty. So please if you have something I could show him, share on here!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way, I love the perfectly groomed poodle. I do Jazzy's feet face sanitary every other week. I just want him to see there are other options.
=)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Here are some before and afters of the grom job my sister did

Before

After

here is a shot almost finish but he lower legs

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
If he like the doodles, pull those pictures because beside a poodle they look very similar with their face hair long. My BF planned to do this very thing with Olie and now he loves the shaved face. When I did a search i did find this picture I couldn't resist putting it up, lol.

elvis1.jpg ELVIS SPOO!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Sounds like hubby needs some serious education about "doodles." Try googling "teddy bear" and "panda" clip. If you have a library, you might consider looking for Shirley Kalstone's book on Poodle grooming. (If you're dead set on a Poodle you might even buy it.) There are several pics of dog w/ out clipped faces or mustaches. Also check out the German clip, the face is shaved (can have a mustache though) but it's a more manly clip. Not that the girls don't look great in it too.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Make sure you tell your husband that labs and goldens both have long noses so goldendoodles and labradoodles have the long noses as well.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Heres a few pics I pulled online. I hope your husband realizes that poodles have a variety of looks that you guys can go with. I would stay away from a doodle and get a standard. Most people cannot tell the difference from a doodle and a unshaved standard poodle...look wise. However, you usually know what your getting with a purebred dog vs a poodle/lab/golden cross.

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/imgx/7/9/5/3/9/9/1/orig-7953991.jpg

http://images.onset.freedom.com/ocregister/gallery/kutk9s-b78585654z.120091217150717000gjdleuco.1.jpg

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Ha. I'm your woman.

My husband begs me not to cut Flip like a poodle. I included some fluffy pics and some shaved pics. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Two more, the naughty look, and one rare shaved face pic.

Just be prepared to be asked constantly what kind of doodle he is.

Hmm, I can't get it to post the naughty pic, oh well. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would never get a doodle. I would only want a spoo that's why I'm trying to explain it to him. I realize that pretty much all larger dogs have long noses, I told him poodles are only so noticeable b/c they are usually shaved so close. I'm sure he'll let me do what I want, the no shedding things kind of wins out over all else. lol.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I would never get a doodle either, but people always always always think that a poodle with out a traditional cut is a doodle.

I thought I'd prepare you ahead of time if you get a standard poodle and keep him/her in a cut like mine. :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Yes, just Google Teddy-bear cut and go to images .

I know of a girl who groomed her black standard somewhat as Bichon but modified, of course.

Actually , you can clip your poodle any way you like !!!!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
We have all standards and even with the shaven faces have been asked several times if they are golden/labra/doodles!! If their faces were not shaven, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. All doodles have long noses. Poodle personality is pretty much guaranteed....the doodles are not predictable at all.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I would definitely go with the pure poodle. Tell your husband that you are more guaranteed about personality and hair type/quality and you are not promoting these crosses. Why spend the same amount of money on a cross breed that you would on a pure bred that you cannot guarantee if the pup will have the poodle or the golden/lab temperament/body type/hair type/hair length.

If he likes the look of the lab/golden doodle look, well, a poodle that is left fuzzy, has the same type of look as a doodle with a poodle coat. Here are some pics of pups that are natural, if that is the look he is wanting.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts