Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corny, but I feel like I have waited for Finnigan all of my life. He is my little buddy, I love him so much. I never fully understood the love people gave to their dogs until now. He goes where I go, does what I do, he's my little shadow, my little side-kick. He suits me. My best friend. :embarrassed:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi, Gigit. That is wonderful! I'm hoping a dog will bring me the same kind of joy. I do know that it's a two-way street though. :)

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
OH I understand how you feel. When I got Ginger and she was a puppy I even took her to work - it was so great. We have been geat pals.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Im jealous that my fiance gets to bring our little poodle to work. Wish I could, hehe. So glad he does not have to stay home alone though :) Its wonderfull the bond that can be created between you and your dog. Our Chief is just like our son.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I was working for my chiropractor when I got Ginger and in talking about leaving her crated, she offered. I was soo happy - she did well and it was nice having her there and walking with her at lunch time. Also the part time job enabled me to get her. I have actually taken her in for some muscle therapy - she loves my Dr. Recently she moved her office to share with a PT service and there is a giant - when I say giant i mean it lol - rottie there - tame as a lamb - I wonder what Ginger would do if I brought her there? don't know that I want to find out. ha ha Although she's great at the vet. Its just on this road darn it - she must think it is an extension of our property.

·
Registered
912 Posts
They're called 'soul dogs' I think gigit - all dogs are special but some even more so. My old dog "Locky" is my soul dog, T is wonderful, and we love him to bits, and maybe had he been an only dog he might have grown to be as well, but I think while Locky is still with us no-one could replace him.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have taken Locky to work with me on really hot days so he can be under the airconditioning :smile: A few days a week I work by myself in my office at the airport so there is no-one there to say No.

I think we should all be able to take our dogs to work, if they are well behaved and not going to impact on yours or others quality of work. There are many studies to suggest having a dog or cat in your working environment makes for happier, less stressed workers.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They're called 'soul dogs' I think gigit - all dogs are special but some even more so. My old dog "Locky" is my soul dog, T is wonderful, and we love him to bits, and maybe had he been an only dog he might have grown to be as well, but I think while Locky is still with us no-one could replace him.
Ya, soul dog sounds about right. Long ago growing up I had several cats (outdoors, my parents wouldn't let them in the house) and I saw many a cat come and go, but one... even thinking of him makes me cry. He was a huge orange cat named Spike, and I will remember him forever. He wasn't a pet, he was a person and my friend. The bond I feel with Finn is very much the same, yet different. I think there will only ever been one Spike and one Finnigan.

Locky must be a very special guy to have that bond with you. :love:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Someday I want a job that I can take my dog to work. Like maybe owning a specialty dog food store. That would be neat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I love mine, too :) They are my buddies. Especially my two Whippets and my older Golden- the other Golden and the poodle are more my husband's dogs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts