Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I groomed Vinnie last night - I just LOVE a clean face!! I tried sitting down to do his feet and it worked SO much better! Now I need to get a little stool with wheels to zip around the grooming table! That's an accident waiting to happen!! LOL I was using one of the dining room chairs. Anyhoo - I had to take some pictures today of my freshly groomed boy and his stubble free face (for a couple days!). Typical Vinnie photos - he has something in his mouth (except for ONE!!).

Robin and Vinnie:

·
Registered
210 Posts
He looks great! How long do you keep his coat? I just took Chase last week but I didn't have anything taken off his coat because it looks babyish...but now I feel bad cause he's hot and I want to get him out more so this week I'll probly take him back in, but I don't want him raelly short.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now he's about 1/2 inch on the body/legs and his topknot is just a little longer - maybe one inch. I might let him get a little longer once his coat changes and winter gets here, but for now, it's good for summer and when he gets wet. It's just fluffy enough, but cutting the puppy fluff off did change his look quite a bit!

This is a few days after I got him.

This was a week ago (my favorite photo of him).

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
oooooh, such a handsome face (and butt may I add? :pound:). Looks like he is kissing his friend and it is nice to see what he looks like sans toys in the mouth. He has a beautiful face.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks P4P - yep - he's growing! He has almost doubled his weight since I got him! Pretty soon, I'm going to have to loosen that collar!

·
Registered
646 Posts
He is looking great as always but holy smokes how is he not itching at his butt that short?
Some things I like a little hair to hide.

He is always full of life you can tell he is a healthy happy pup

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
You did a great job on him! I groom all of my poos too, 6 of them plus Mom's one. I've been doing my own grooming for over 20 years, great mommy and me time. We are learning to show groom now.

·
Registered
151 Posts
He's so wonderfully cute! He has so much expression on his little face. and the picture of him and the whippet is my absolute favorite (of course).

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
You can count on Vinnie to have that playful picture with his mouth full. His pictures always make me smile. He is growing up fast. Thanks for sharing his pictures. You take some fantastic shots, and he is just captivated with the camera. What a ham!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Everyone on the nice comments!!

He is looking great as always but holy smokes how is he not itching at his butt that short?
Some things I like a little hair to hide.
LOL - he does't itch his shaved areas.

I love the clean faces too. How old is he? He looks very young and happy.
Hmmm.... how old.... he was born 2/21, so four months and change.

He's so wonderfully cute! He has so much expression on his little face. and the picture of him and the whippet is my absolute favorite (of course).
I thought you'd like that one! :wink:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have been doing his f/f/t with a Wahl Mini Arco - it's about a 30 blade - it is so quiet and does a really nice job - doesn't get hot or anything. His breeder recommended it and I LOVE it! I bathe and at least do f/f/t every 7-10 days. Since he is a puppy and I am quite the newbie at grooming, I wanted both of us to get used to the process.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts