Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see how that's much better than puppymill ads. Isn't there a filter for the banner ads here? It's also covering the Poodle Forum logo.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Yeah I just saw that! Its "Ads By Google" so I am not sure how much filtering they can do. But I would happy if it was not up there!

I use Firefox and I can see the Poodleforum logo.

EDIT: I clicked on the "Designer Dog Forum" link and it does say this in their welcome

"If you are looking for a Dog please give adoption a try. There are hundreds of thousands of dogs in shelters who need a loving home. We are proud to support Petfinder.com for your next pet! Help join us in our Quest to Help Stop Puppy Mills!"

So I think they could have just called it a Mutt Forum and left the Designer part out but if they advocate for adoption it can't be completely awful.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
That's interesting... I currently have a very annoying ad saying "click to launch trailer" that's actually covering part of the forum! Seems some of the formatting of ads on this forum does not work with certain browsers.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
My ads vary by day... for the longest I had one for plentyoffish.com (a dating site, I think?!), and right now it is for a website building tool. Lately it has been for overstock.com and some website where there are dogs on the ad looking like they've stuck their head out the window. No idea.

At what point can we ask for certain ads to be removed? Do they have to be nasty? Or things like that designer dog forum... that somewhat compete with PF?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IDK but I think it's clear how the majority here feels about "Designer dogs." "Designer" is a marketing term and gives the impression that some intentionally breed the dogs; they "designed" them. I would have no problem w/ a mixed breed forum or community being advertised. I do find it odd and in poor taste to advertise a "designer" community when most "designer" breeds include Poodle in the mix. I ignore most of the ads but that one really bugged me. I know people routinely complain about any puppymill ads that slip through on to the Maltese forum and they are removed. Spoiled Maltese is owned by the same company that tookover PF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts