Poodle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually when I put treats in Flash's Kong, he just bites down hard enough to crunch them and then brings it back for me to refill. I wanted to give him more of a challenge (read: keep him out of my hair for a few minutes), so I put a baby carrot in. It's driving him totally bonkers!! He absolutely can't get it out-- though he did manage to chew off the end of it. ROFL!! What a goofy dog.

Mind you, this is a dog who WILL NOT eat a piece of my steak. But oh, does he love those baby carrots...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
My Spoo LOVED carrots LOL

Good source of vit A and all other carotene pigments : ))) Wish you can make a short video of his play-time - must be hilarious LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh, I would love to see this!! Lacey loves getting her kong in the morning. Hmm, I haven't even tried to offer her a carrot, I wonder if she would go for it.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
My guys all like carrots, but everyone except Holly leaves little orange bits everywhere. Holly savours every single morsel. She would rather eat carrots than anything on earth. I tell the families of my kidlets that they should offer them carrots. I have a sneaky suspicion they are good for keeping the colour lovely.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Usually when I put treats in Flash's Kong, he just bites down hard enough to crunch them and then brings it back for me to refill. I wanted to give him more of a challenge (read: keep him out of my hair for a few minutes), so I put a baby carrot in. It's driving him totally bonkers!! He absolutely can't get it out-- though he did manage to chew off the end of it. ROFL!! What a goofy dog.

Mind you, this is a dog who WILL NOT eat a piece of my steak. But oh, does he love those baby carrots...
Just a thought-- should we slice a larger carrot, hot dogs, etc. lengthwise before feeding to a dog, as we do for young children? I was wondering whether there's any checking riskband if a bit-off chunk could block a dog's airway.

·
Super Moderator
9,182 Posts
Just a thought-- should we slice a larger carrot, hot dogs, etc. lengthwise before feeding to a dog, as we do for young children? I was wondering whether there's any checking riskband if a bit-off chunk could block a dog's airway.
Hi @Carla - Best to start a new thread so your question gets the attention it deserves from active members. :) This one’s ten years old.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks! How embarrassing. I'm not very active on computers and need to learn the ropes. I hadn't noticed that post was old!

·
Super Moderator
9,182 Posts
Thanks! How embarrassing. I'm not very active on computers and need to learn the ropes. I hadn't noticed that post was old!
Please don’t be embarrassed! We’ve all done it. The recommended reading list at the bottom of each thread is great at digging up old posts on relevant topics....and I do mean old! Lol. I’ll close this thread, but please do start a new one. I think this is an important topic and I’m interested in hearing how others handle these foods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.