Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so sick and tired of his brace, and the fact that we cant do anything!! I take him outside and he so badly wants to play! I have had to pick up all his toys inside besides the nylabones that he chews on. He just wants to do something. Last week he was chewing on a ball, no biggie. Then he started to roll it and wanted to chase it. Thats when i picked everything up. Inside he wants to play bitey face with me. I want to take him to the park and for walks, or just play with him outside. We have been restricted like this since the begining of April. The brace in and of itself is a pain! It is causing alot of sores and rub spots undernieth it. It has to be covered if its wet outside. It has to be changed every week which involves Ry staying in a run at work for the whole day (not to mention the bandaging itself which is a pain).

We go back to the doctor on the 28th to have it taken off!! It cant come soon enough!! He is taking everything like a champ though!!! Seriously the best dog ever with all the restrictions! I just want my baby to be better. Thanks for letting me vent!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I am sure its rough but so glad he is a trooper through it all. Hoping all goes well on the 28th and you will be back to normal soon after.:)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I feel your pain! April was a long time ago, and it's so hard to keep a dog confined who doesn't understand. Not long to go now, and I'm crossing my fingers that all is fixed when the brace is removed at the end of the month.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Aaaack. I think I'd be sick of it too. So have you thought about doing games with him, like the Nina Ottosson games? Nina Ottosson Interactive Toys I know they wouldn't give him physical exercise, but at least it'd give him something to do with his brain. We use them a lot during the winter when we can't go out. There are videos on youtube of dogs doing them. . . very fun! How is his Addisons coming by the way?

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I have a feeling though that even when he gets the brace off it will still be limited activity until his muscles get built back up. We have to see a physical therapist on our visit too.

We are going through lots of chew things and toys. The games look like fun, but i think it would be too much for him right now.

His addisons are going wonderfully! No problems, and he is doing great! Thanks.

Riley is asking to go out now, but its raining. I have to go get a garbage bag to wrap over the leg. Fun fun fun, but he is SO worth it!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I feel for Ry, but especially for you! Thankfully, you don't have much longer before it's off.

My crew is antsy because it's so HOT and HUMID, being outdoors is pure hell. They go out to do their business, and race back inside. It's going to be a long summer, I fear. We all nap a lot. LOL

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Sorry it has been so hard. You are a good dog mom!
Agree with her ^^ 100%

Glad you feed raw building that muscle back up will be at least be easier and a bit quicker than regular kibble. And SO GLAD the Addisons is taking a back seat!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts