Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh. My. Gosh. Susan is just amazing and breeds the most amazing dogs. Penelope, a blue standard, is 3 months now and I can't get over how beautifully she matches what I desired plus more!

I, obviously, got her in the middle of COVID-19 so I never got to meet the parents or the litter, due to safety of course. I relied on Susan 100% to pick the best puppy for me (service dog prospect) based on what I described that I needed. When I first contacted her, she had a silver litter and the litter I choose from, which was great because I wanted a silver. She was very honest and straightforward with me on why she did not recommend the any pup from the silver litter and believed that I would do best getting a pup from the blue litter. She even refunded me money when I unknowingly overpaid by a couple hundred dollars.

She nailed it. This puppy is beautifully well rounded, came wonderfully socialized. She has a marvelous off switch, extremely laid back in the house and bonkers outside.

So far she's been bomb proof, with a lightening fast recovery during the few times she's been startled. I made a point of letting her play in the grass (leashed) next to a busy street right from the start. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles skateboards, carts, you name it, nothing fazed her. When she first heard fireworks, she was about 10 weeks old, no reaction at all. We go outside every night when the kids start popping them, nothing.

Between her natural poodle nature and puppyhood she's very velcro. She checks in constantly and keeps an eye on me, which is one of the biggest things I've wanted in a prospect. She discovered chasing cats last week (arrrgh) and in mid chase she stopped and looked back at me. We're working on honing and keeping the behavior while preventing separation anxiety from sneaking in but I think it's going to stick.

I understand that alot of the attachement has to do with puppyhood but I'm drilling the behaviors and traits I like.

She's bold, inquisitive, very observant and aloof at times, which I love. She's not too fond of kids, outside of her human sister, which I like, although we are working on her socialization towards them more. I need her to be tolerant of them but definitely not reactive to them as she is now, she doesn't like them near her at all. Lol.

Can we talk about how Susan gave me the show dog puppy since that was the one who best matched what I needed? Oh my gosh, just amazingly selfless. Penelope has such a beautiful sily, curly, easy coat. She's still getting accustomed to being combed and brushed so it doesn't get done as thoroughly as it should. We have gone 4, 5 days before I've really have to make her get a good combing and there have been nearly no mats.

I can go on and on and on but I won't. She's been such an easy pup (no puppy blues here. I am a big believer in tethering, crate training and limited access to the house. Always in my line of vision, always within reach.) so I'm really interested to see how adolescence,the fear phases and coat changes are going to go in a few months.

She's still a puppy and does puppy things, of course, but a well breed dog makes life so much easier. I'm so happy. Thank you to everyone who recommended Susan.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Hi, and welcome to you and Penelope! This such an awesome story! I'm looking forward to hearing more of your stories. Are you considering taking the 52 week challenge? I also have a puppy photos thread. We love pics here at PF😁 see you around.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
That’s wonderful! Welcome to you and Penelope. Looking forward to watching her grow!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, and welcome to you and Penelope! This such an awesome story! I'm looking forward to hearing more of your stories. Are you considering taking the 52 week challenge? I also have a puppy photos thread. We love pics here at PF😁 see you around.
The 52 week thread is a great idea! I think I will participate in that! I’m also intend on following Click N Treat and documenting her service dog journey.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
She is such a doll, and I love her name! Great to hear that you found such an amazing breeder, and that everything worked out during such a challenging time! Can't wait to see more pictures. :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
What a doll. I'm so happy for you both. Cant wait to see & hear about her progress

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi and welcome to you both! it’s great you had such a great experience. Penelope is gorgeous 😍

·
Registered
450 Posts
Oh. My. Gosh. Susan is just amazing and breeds the most amazing dogs. Penelope, a blue standard, is 3 months now and I can't get over how beautifully she matches what I desired plus more!

I, obviously, got her in the middle of COVID-19 so I never got to meet the parents or the litter, due to safety of course. I relied on Susan 100% to pick the best puppy for me (service dog prospect) based on what I described that I needed. When I first contacted her, she had a silver litter and the litter I choose from, which was great because I wanted a silver. She was very honest and straightforward with me on why she did not recommend the any pup from the silver litter and believed that I would do best getting a pup from the blue litter. She even refunded me money when I unknowingly overpaid by a couple hundred dollars.

She nailed it. This puppy is beautifully well rounded, came wonderfully socialized. She has a marvelous off switch, extremely laid back in the house and bonkers outside.

So far she's been bomb proof, with a lightening fast recovery during the few times she's been startled. I made a point of letting her play in the grass (leashed) next to a busy street right from the start. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles skateboards, carts, you name it, nothing fazed her. When she first heard fireworks, she was about 10 weeks old, no reaction at all. We go outside every night when the kids start popping them, nothing.

Between her natural poodle nature and puppyhood she's very velcro. She checks in constantly and keeps an eye on me, which is one of the biggest things I've wanted in a prospect. She discovered chasing cats last week (arrrgh) and in mid chase she stopped and looked back at me. We're working on honing and keeping the behavior while preventing separation anxiety from sneaking in but I think it's going to stick.

I understand that alot of the attachement has to do with puppyhood but I'm drilling the behaviors and traits I like.

She's bold, inquisitive, very observant and aloof at times, which I love. She's not too fond of kids, outside of her human sister, which I like, although we are working on her socialization towards them more. I need her to be tolerant of them but definitely not reactive to them as she is now, she doesn't like them near her at all. Lol.

Can we talk about how Susan gave me the show dog puppy since that was the one who best matched what I needed? Oh my gosh, just amazingly selfless. Penelope has such a beautiful sily, curly, easy coat. She's still getting accustomed to being combed and brushed so it doesn't get done as thoroughly as it should. We have gone 4, 5 days before I've really have to make her get a good combing and there have been nearly no mats.

I can go on and on and on but I won't. She's been such an easy pup (no puppy blues here. I am a big believer in tethering, crate training and limited access to the house. Always in my line of vision, always within reach.) so I'm really interested to see how adolescence,the fear phases and coat changes are going to go in a few months.

She's still a puppy and does puppy things, of course, but a well breed dog makes life so much easier. I'm so happy. Thank you to everyone who recommended Susan.
So very happy for you! Our 3 year old Standard Charlie could be a soulmate for your pup. The best is yet to come! You are wise to recognize the need to acclimatize to little kids. Get used to owning a People Magnet. Folks run yelling across parking lots to see Charlie, especially little kids who bury their hands in his luxurious curls. He looks like an 85 pound black bear. Charlie loves people of all sizes and regally allows lots of petting

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She is such a doll, and I love her name! Great to hear that you found such an amazing breeder, and that everything worked out during such a challenging time! Can't wait to see more pictures. :)
i think her name fits her so well, my friend named her. She was nameless for almost a week, lol. I am glad that everything worked out beautifully.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts