Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little old lady brought the paperwork with her. Guess how much these puppies are being sold for?!

$2,500 DOLLARS!!! This was an unhealth tested, "austrailan labradoodle", shy, unsocalized, puppy that this breeder sold to an 80 year old woman! Do you know what the kicker is? The "breeder" is this ladys daughter! The DAY i would give my old mother a young Large breed puppy!! :doh:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Geeez! And people actually pay that? I don't get what you would want to mix a great dog like a poodle with a lab for anyway. If I wanted a spaz I would just get a lab. The mixes generally shed so that's not a factor and If I just liked the look Id get a german wirehair. Anyway, JMO.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Geeez! And people actually pay that? I don't get what you would want to mix a great dog like a poodle with a lab for anyway. If I wanted a spaz I would just get a lab. The mixes generally shed so that's not a factor and If I just liked the look Id get a german wirehair. Anyway, JMO.
JMO, too.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I was thinking about the labradoodle thing again the other day too, cos I had one in at work again as well. This dog is totally gorgeous and loveable, the family got him from his previous home as a youngster, but not a little pup. The family has a daughter allergic to dogs, and of course labradoodles are non-allergenic just like poodles; I mean, we all know that, right? "They don't shed", that's why they're bred to poodles in the first place, right?

This is a QUICK brush, on one side, before I really got stuck into him (and the hair was everywhere so didn't make a very accurate pic later!) Oh the family loves him now, and they really are a wonderful family, even though daughter is allergic, they're NOT the sorta people that'll toss him out, the just have to get him groomed fairly regularly, and he has a lovely big warm kennel outside that he sleeps in (comes inside with the family during the day though too).

Isn't it funny how just cos it's half poodle, it must therefore have a poodle coat. Ummmm, what about the half lab bit, that sheds like a snowfall!! lol

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
yup, who knows what sort of breeding he actually has! The fact he was being sold as a labradoodle for the non-shedding thing says it all though. *sigh*

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
holy cow.... how did she convience her 80 yr old mother to give her 2,500 bucks for a puppy in the first place?? That's what really jumps out at me, I cannot imagine!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Maybe the breeder wants her inheritance sooner than later, we know she's money hungry. Seriously, an 80 year old and any large puppy, especially w/ Lab in it, is asking for serious injury. The poor woman is going to end up w/ broken hip, torn shoulder or who knows what. My neighbor is in her 40s and has Minears disease, which causes vertigo. Hubby's Labs managed to give her a concusion and she's never been the same.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Maybe the breeder wants her inheritance sooner than later, we know she's money hungry. Seriously, an 80 year old and any large puppy, especially w/ Lab in it, is asking for serious injury. The poor woman is going to end up w/ broken hip, torn shoulder or who knows what. My neighbor is in her 40s and has Minears disease, which causes vertigo. Hubby's Labs managed to give her a concusion and she's never been the same.
poor lady !!

·
Registered
114 Posts
You make an excellent point. It reminds me of a conversation I had with a Labradoodle owner as I was wondering the same thing. She had a great answer, "you get the best quality of both dogs, poodles do not shed and labs are kind a doh di doh". She love the spazzinest. :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Forget about the price...Forget about the stupidity of it all..

What kind of monster charges their lonely mother that kind of cash for a pet? Horrible person! That who!

·
Registered
646 Posts
If I were someone who new this lady I would call in the police and get them to check that this woman isnt not being elder abused. Seriously it could be a lot more then the dog. She is being stole from without a doubt in my mind and needs outside help that she apperently can't see and her daughter is taking her for a ride

1 - 20 of 21 Posts