Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a three pack of dog toys to a recent order, just to have them on hand for a rainy day. The order arrived. Galen saw me bring it in and curiously watched me open the box. Upon seeing the toys he pasted his cutest expression on his face. I caved and gave him the raccoon. He happily carried it off, squeaked it a few times, and came back to inspect the remaining two. He opined that he really really liked the fox, so I gave it to him too. He took it to his toy pile. Then he came back to check out the rest of the box. Oh, fine, whatever, take the squirrel too.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I added a three pack of dog toys to a recent order, just to have them on hand for a rainy day. The order arrived. Galen saw me bring it in and curiously watched me open the box. Upon seeing the toys he pasted his cutest expression on his face. I caved and gave him the raccoon. He happily carried it off, squeaked it a few times, and came back to inspect the remaining two. He opined that he really really liked the fox, so I gave it to him too. He took it to his toy pile. Then he came back to check out the rest of the box. Oh, fine, whatever, take the squirrel too.
I do exactly the same especially when I buy treats that I plan to put away until Winnie finishes the umpteen packets that are already open. I always end up opening them. I have a box full of open packets and she can smell them all through the cupboard door even though they are in a sealed tupperware box.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Me too, guilty. But once the glow has worn off, I sneak a few items off to storage and pull them out a few weeks later - and they are "new" again.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I absolutely cannot relate to this in the least.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Moderation is not my strong suit either, lol! I’m that way with training treats too. Recently, a friend introduced me to “Wild Weenies” made by Stella and Chewies. I bought four packages!
They’re nice treats as you can break off little pieces. Just be careful googling the name “wild weenies”...may want to avoid it on a work computer!

·
Registered
598 Posts
I am SO guilty. Last fall I bought a bunch of latex squeaker toys, like about 10 ( they were a good deal) with the thought that I would let him have a new one every few weeks and also for Christmas.
LOL!!!!!! While I didn’t give them to him all at once or even in a week I think he got them all in about a month. I am a total sucker for dog toys.😉 That being said, because the squeaky toys are such high value to him, to the point of obsession, they are kept in a special drawer away from his other multitudes of toys, and they only come out to play when I say so. I get excited when I buy Bobby a new toy! 😉

·
Registered
41 Posts
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I have to admit I do the same thing. The cute happy face is hard to resist. And then the testing the toy before coming back to check out the next goody is totally something Kuzco would do and causes my heart to almost hurt it swells so much lol.

And my boyfriend is constantly telling me that Kuz doesn’t need another bed :LOL: but my argument is they have different spots (kennel, living room, his house, travel) AND I can always stash them away for when a current one gets old and needs replacing 😇 plus they’re so cute!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts