Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,213 Posts
10/10 here- although I think some of the questions were rather strange! What, exactly, is "Ancient Europe"?!

Reactions: Olive Love

·
Super Moderator
3,956 Posts
...What, exactly, is "Ancient Europe"?!
Here is one of the neat sites that came to mind that documents the history of poodles in art. It shows pics of many poodle paintings dating back several hundred years. Not exactly 'ancient'. Here's a 1631 self-portrait of the artist, Rembrandt, with his poodle:

I'll venture a guess that whoever devised the quiz grew up using computers and other technology increasingly available since 1980 and immersed in it this century. The idea of no indoor plumbing, electricity, gas stoves, kitchen appliances, ballpoint pens and markers, cameras, and of course, cars, of less than 200 years to 400+ years ago would sound ancient to them. 😄

·
Registered
632 Posts
I got a 10/10, too

had a hard time getting past the ad's lol.

·
Premium Member
13,213 Posts
Yes - a clickbait site, methinks. I'm sure you are right, Vita - or possibly a poor translation from Ancien meaning simply Old. But I do like the mental image of Bronze Age hunters in skins and woad, with beautifully coiffed poodles prancing by their sides!

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I got 9/10 because I thought poodles were ranked 3rd most intelligent dogs behind border collies and malinois. I guess malinois is number 3 instead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts