Poodle Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,864 Posts
Yes, she is one of the half siblings I'm so excited about! I am going to go over to her thread to "meet her."

Lily and oshag, thank you for the baby wipe recommendation! I'll get a case at Costco. It's been a while since I've had a boy. There was a thread about trimming the penis hair to help with aim--I'll have to read up on that too.
I have also tried leaving a pee string and not and he still pees on himself, silly boy! I think part of it is that he raises his leg very high and tends to sway a bit because of being a bit off balance.

Reactions: JudyD and zooeysmom

·
Registered
715 Posts
There was a thread about trimming the penis hair to help with aim--I'll have to read up on that too.
Ooooo zooeysmom, could you please post the link if you find this thread? I'd love to read it as well. My vet told me that "not" shaving that tip hair helps with aim. I followed her advice, and so far so good, but Sammy still squats.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Ooooo zooeysmom, could you please post the link if you find this thread? I'd love to read it as well. My vet told me that "not" shaving that tip hair helps with aim. I followed her advice, and so far so good, but Sammy still squats.
I agree with lily cd re. A pee string did nothing for Blue.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!

I have a huge love for white standard poodle dudes. Can't wait to watch him grow!

As for the pee string, I find all boy dogs are different, no matter what the breed, some will always manage to pee on themselves. Smiley lifts his leg, but he often pees in one direction, and then turns around and drags his other leg through the spot he just peed on! So the inside of his legs often need a little wipe.

·
Registered
167 Posts
As far as trimming penis hair goes, I truly believe the hair doesn't help. It has more to do with how the dog stands. The pee should shoot relatively straight out of the tip, so it's more whether the dog stands out of the way or in the way that matters. I shave, because pee strings are yucky.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #87

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Congrats!!! I love the white boys!!! I cant wait to see pictures as he grows!

As for the pee thing, hair doesnt matter for us. Draco is a lazy pee-er and will start to stand up mid stream and thats when he pees on his front legs. If he actually squats the whole time he is good, and if he lines up correctly when raising his leg we are good too. Otherwise its a mess!

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Rory has a very short pee string and has never peed on himself. I do think it's way more about their technique though - he lifts his leg but basically just squats still so it's very tidy. Fingers crossed Frosty will be the same way!

·
Registered
760 Posts
I hope my boy will be super prissy, never getting muddy and never learning to lift his leg :lol: But if peeing has to do with technique, I'll definitely clip the penis hair short!
Good luck! This is why I'll never get another white dog (and also never buy such a low lying property either!). It's hard enough cleaning a blue dog off every time they go outside, light colors are even worse. Asaah's white parts looked dingy all spring and I went through so many brown towels :(
image.jpg

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Exciting news indeed Zooysmom!!!!

I remember when I knew I was getting Toby! Couldn't sleep I was so excited ...read up all I could ... exciting !!!

Congratulations ... looking forward to seeing pictures! :)

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Good luck! This is why I'll never get another white dog (and also never buy such a low lying property either!). It's hard enough cleaning a blue dog off every time they go outside, light colors are even worse. Asaah's white parts looked dingy all spring and I went through so many brown towels :(
View attachment 354897
Oh, I totally get it! I think a brown female would be the easiest spoo sex/color combo to keep clean-looking :)

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Exciting news indeed Zooysmom!!!!

I remember when I knew I was getting Toby! Couldn't sleep I was so excited ...read up all I could ... exciting !!!

Congratulations ... looking forward to seeing pictures! :)
Thank you, Myleen! I feel the same way you did with Toby. I will do a 52 week thread for little Frosty soon and keep it updated :)

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
As soon as I saw this, your earlier post about Rocknrolla sprang to mind :). Please consider showing this to-be gorgeous boy, even just here in CA and NV! He would finish, I am sure! Very excited and happy for you :)!

81 - 96 of 96 Posts