Poodle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Thank you, Skylar! I will post tons of photos, I promise :D

rannie, how lovely to get another toy. I think they enjoy being with their own size. Zooey is not thrilled about her brother, but I told her how he'll play with Maizie so Maizie will leave her alone. I think she'll appreciate that :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
I just found out that there will be another half sibling on PF! Not saying a word more, though ;)
Ahh, everyone is getting spoos! I will live vicariously through all of you :) I hope you post lots of pictures zooeysmom. I don't think I can ever bring myself to get a white dog, but the white spoos with that black pigment are so striking and elegant! One of my fellow raw food co-op members has a white Pinafore spoo that she keeps in beautiful long coat and I drool over him all the time. Can't wait to see photos of your gorgeous new baby!

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Ahh, everyone is getting spoos! I will live vicariously through all of you :) I hope you post lots of pictures zooeysmom. I don't think I can ever bring myself to get a white dog, but the white spoos with that black pigment are so striking and elegant! One of my fellow raw food co-op members has a white Pinafore spoo that she keeps in beautiful long coat and I drool over him all the time. Can't wait to see photos of your gorgeous new baby!
Aww, I bet your friend's dog is gorgeous. Maizie has mostly Pinafore bloodlines :)

Yeah, white is going to be quite a challenge to keep clean. I'm hoping he will be a prissy boy who doesn't like to get dirty like his sister :lol:

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
He's so cute already. Will he be bigger than his sister? Any idea what his size may be when he's full grown?
He will be a little bigger since he's a boy, but probably not huge :)

Wow congratulations, so excited for you! I'm so glad I checked in tonight and didn't miss all the excitement.
Thanks for joining in on the excitement, Caddy!

Zooysmom, I love the way Mazie looks and love her "stage" name. : )
Oh, thank you, Seminolewind. My mom thought of Maizie's registered name, so it is very special to me.

·
Premium Member
22,864 Posts
Aww, I bet your friend's dog is gorgeous. Maizie has mostly Pinafore bloodlines :)

Yeah, white is going to be quite a challenge to keep clean. I'm hoping he will be a prissy boy who doesn't like to get dirty like his sister :lol:
There is a woman who is a member of my club who has a white spoo boy and he always looks ice white. I've asked her how often she takes him to the groomer and she says not that often since he keeps himself clean. He must have a cat's grooming genes.

The only thing I will tell you that you may need to watch for is messy peeing. Javelin is terrible in his aim and almost always pees on the backs of his front legs (mostly the left one) and did so even when I took his coat down short enough that he had to feel it as he was doing it. I've taken to wiping his legs down with a damp towel when he comes in the house.

Reactions: JudyD and zooeysmom

·
Registered
760 Posts
There is a woman who is a member of my club who has a white spoo boy and he always looks ice white. I've asked her how often she takes him to the groomer and she says not that often since he keeps himself clean. He must have a cat's grooming genes.

The only thing I will tell you that you may need to watch for is messy peeing. Javelin is terrible in his aim and almost always pees on the backs of his front legs (mostly the left one) and did so even when I took his coat down short enough that he had to feel it as he was doing it. I've taken to wiping his legs down with a damp towel when he comes in the house.
Good point, Finn did this all the time! I bought a case of baby wipes at Costco and used those on his legs every time he came inside.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
You are going to love your new puppy from Oksana. And we are going to be relatives of a sort. I have your puppy's 1/2 sibling from a previous litter.
Yes, she is one of the half siblings I'm so excited about! I am going to go over to her thread to "meet her."

Lily and oshag, thank you for the baby wipe recommendation! I'll get a case at Costco. It's been a while since I've had a boy. There was a thread about trimming the penis hair to help with aim--I'll have to read up on that too.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts